The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont see any possible way that barkann isnt awesome and yes 97.5 is unlistenable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

Baldinger is good.  Mays and the rest of the crew are awful outside of Missanelli who is hit or miss.  Eskin was beyond awful though.

Munson

lol at IGY sucking WIP's teet and hating on 97.5. That sounds about right.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Re: The $$$ earned by sports media guys... It's less than you think.

Think about how many of the guys are generally replaceable and how many would gladly take their place. Would be surprised if more than 2-3 of the Philly beat guys cracked $100,000 - and those would be elder statesmen like Bowen, Sheridan, and Ford.

I highly doubt Bill Simmons makes a million from ESPN. Maybe with all of his various deals and such, but he's not on TV enough to get a million. You know who might? Schefter. Guy is marketable in every genre and you better believe they had to cake him off to pry him from the NFL.

BigEd76

Ernie Johnson will miss the playoffs to stay with his son who has muscular dystrophy and was hospitalized.

So Brian Anderson, the Brewers guy that called the Phils NLDS games the last 3 years, moves up to the "A" team with Darling and Smoltz and will probably get the Yankees series instead of ours.  The other teams are Stockton/Brenly, Don Orsillo/Buck Martinez and Victor Rojas/Joe Simpson, with the sideline reporters being Sager, Verducci, Sam Ryan and ex-CSN Sixers sideline girl Jaime Maggio

MDS

my guess is stockton/brenley for the first round...that should be the top NL team (with orsillo.martinez going to the non yankees AL series since they are both, wait for it, AL guys).

and if you dont know, dick stockton is 300 years old and awful at his job
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Looks like there was a last-minute switch of assignments and Gus Johnson's FOX NFL debut will be 0-3 Minnesota @ 0-3 Kansas City.  That's f'ed up

PhillyPhreak54

This Bartman doc on ESPN is outstanding.

I still feel bad for that dude.

Munson

Did they get an interview out of him for it? Dude's been hiding ever since it happened, turned down a lot of cash.

I know it's still on but I only wanna keep watching to see if he talks at all.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

No. He hasn't spoken about it since. An ESPN.com reporter cornered him in his work parking lot a few years ago and he declined to speak.

ice grillin you

yeah that was goddamn outstanding

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, excellent work. The stuff about how they got him out of the stadium along with syncing the radio broadcast was insightful.

I'd forgotten about Woods' bomb in game 7 and just how bad Gonzalez' error was.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 27, 2011, 09:01:26 PM
This Bartman doc on ESPN is outstanding.

I still feel bad for that dude.

shtein, was that on tonight?  farg me if I missed it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Yeah, tonight, and you missed it.  Chuggie will take care of you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 27, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
Yep, excellent work. The stuff about how they got him out of the stadium along with syncing the radio broadcast was insightful.

it was also cool how they took all the fans out of the picture then took bartman out of the picture leaving only alou to show how he almost def would have caught the ball

the bartman thing in general is so farging overblown tho...they talk about how the buckner play happened in a tie game and that even if he had made the play there is no guarantee the sox would have won...however they never mention how the bartman play happened with one out in the 8th inning...at least the buckner error was a walk off situation...if alou catches the bartman ball it doesnt even get the cubs out of an inning much less end the game...i mean it didnt even happen in the 9th inning for god sakes...because its the cubs it became the most overplayed story maybe in sports history