The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Klecko has done a few shows that I've heard. I enjoy him. I believe he did that NFL Broadcast bootcamp? That might be why he's pretty good.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

I heard Klecko earlier this week and he was very good.  I hope they find a spot for him. 

Westbrook?  Interesting. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

QuoteThe #Phillies game, by comparison, had an estimated average audience of 244,000 total viewers in the Philadelphia market.

For those that get off on this sort of thing, last night's #Eagles game had estimated average audience of 596,000 total viewers, per Nielson

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Matt Millen was replaced by Trent Dilfer on MNF's pregame show

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't stand Millen. Dilfer's actually pretty good.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Marv Albert is back doing NFL football - will be part of the #4 CBS crew.

MDS

welcome to four months ago

and this is clearly some kind of power play from cbs to nantz. why in the world would a former top nfl pbp guy and the best nba announcer ever agree to do cincinnati at buffalo-type games?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

-- Looks like Gus Johnson's FOX NFL debut won't be until week 4 (taterskins/Rams), and Chad Pennington's color analyst debut will be Panthers/Cardinals

-- Sam Ryan is leaving CBS for MLB Network

-- Brian Kenny is leaving ESPN and could also end up at MLBN

DH

There is nothing better than a Brian Kenny/Floyd Mayweather showdown..gonna miss those.

phattymatty

pretty sure al michaels just said they word raped talking about irene.

SD

I'm privy to some inside local radio talk. I can't go into any specifics but Eskin 100% left his WIP slot because his ego couldn't handle being number 2 to Mike Miss. Eskin is a bitch and this has been a long time coming. What Miss did to him was equal to what Stern did to Dabella in the late 80's. That sentiment spread through WIP and the rest of the egos on that station. The war between the Fanatic and WIP has just begun. It could get ugly. You might hear something about this in the next few weeks or things may be kept under wraps(balls in the Fanatics court at this point). If we're ever at a tailgate and you want to know the whole story I'll break it down for you (if it's not released by then). I swore not to write anything specific over the internet about what is going down.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice....so Howie's tearful goodbye was only him crying about his ego lol

Munson

I tuned in a little bit to the new 94.1 today and, granted, it's the weekend shows which is never the A game stuff...but it just wasn't on the same level as the Phanatic.

I'm not even a huge Mikey Miss fan. He says some things I agree with and other times he sounds like an IGY-esque hack. But just the IQ of the hosts and the callers seems so much higher then that of WIP. SD I'd love to hear what dirt you've got sometime if it ever comes out.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

97.5 is horrid other than Mikey Miss
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

What's funny is I hear a lot of people say they don't like Mike Miss but people were so tired of Eskin's schtick that they made the change.
Quote from: SunMo on September 04, 2011, 01:39:39 AM
97.5 is horrid other than Mikey Miss

I like Tony Bruno and Baldinger and the array of guests they have on to talk sports . Their regulars are mediocre. In all honesty aside from Mike and Mike in the morning and Mike Miss on my ride home I don't listen to much radio.