The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah whatever happened to the ruling that dtv would get csn Philly?

Comcast is one of the companies I hope go bankrupt or somehow fail in a spectacular fashion. farging crooks.

Sgt PSN

Dick Ebersol is stepping down as chairman of NBC Sports. 

Diomedes

New owners, new chiefs in each division.  Ho-hum.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

even without ebersol nbc still overpaid for the olympics

they get the next 4 (russia, brazil and 2 undetermined sites) for 4 billion.

good job.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Does anyone care about the Olympics anymore? I shouldn't say anymore actually, because I don't think I ever cared to begin with. Sure, I'll root for the US to win most medals, and of course I'll watch the real sports (basketball, hockey, etc.), but people who are able to tell you who won the gold in the 1984 pummel horse need to be immediately pummeled. by a horse. I remember on Stump the Schwab back in the day, Schwab knew every answer to those questions and it drove me batty.

MDS

the olympics arent for you and me

they are for doris and mitch from des moines, iowa. they eat that shtein up.

we will be watching baseball and getting ready for football in summer and watching basketball in the winter. they know this and dont give a shtein.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i dont even watch the real sports...ill watch more curling in the olympics than hockey and more water polo than basketball just because i dont give a farg who wins the gold medal...thus i have no rooting interest and i cant watch anything that i dont care about

really all the olympics is good for is to watch a few minutes every fours years of some stupid event that you find mildly interesting/amusing...and its really not even good for that...they could go away forever and no one would care
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I enjoy the olympics. I know it's quaint, but I really enjoy athletic competition and when you mix competition with blind, jingoistic love of country (which I am also guilty of when it comes to sporting events) the Olympics are fun.

Having said that, I have skipped the last two winter olympics (with the exception of Hockey and Snowboarding half-pipes). But I'll watch almost anything in the summer Olympics with the exception of Gymnastics/Dancing/Synchronized Waterwhatever.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

I only stop on the gymnastics to see the chicks calves to satisfy my leg fetish. That's it I swear.

phattymatty

i like the olympics...it's a reason to go out to the bar dressed in an uncle same hat like an idiot and fist pump with others bros about random sports no one really cares about. you stiffs take this shtein too seriously.

DH

what the hell is that supposed to mean??

phattymatty

DH

You just missed out on a great chance to be Frank Costanza

Tomahawk

Quote from: rjs246 on June 07, 2011, 01:48:00 PM
I enjoy the olympics. I know it's quaint, but I really enjoy athletic competition and when you mix competition with blind, jingoistic love of country (which I am also guilty of when it comes to sporting events) the Olympics are fun.

Having said that, I have skipped the last two winter olympics (with the exception of Hockey and Snowboarding half-pipes). But I'll watch almost anything in the summer Olympics with the exception of Gymnastics/Dancing/Synchronized Waterwhatever.

You're name must be Mitch. How's Des Moine, IA treating you?

Tomahawk

By you're I mean your, but I can't modify the post 'cause this computer cuts the last few from the page