The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Sunny, could have been CSN DC and they were showing an O's game. 

It's been a while, so I can't say for certain.  Hell, I gave up the sports pack with the FSN's and CSN's probably a year or so ago but I swear I saw games being played on CSN channels. 

MDS

unless it was a replay or during a free preview you are wrong

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Could have been either.  I just know that I've seen games on CSN channels.  Couldn't say for certain if they were live though. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

CSN Mid-Atlantic was originally HTS, which was part of satellite packages, so it was available all along....then the Os and Nats moved to MASN

Sgt PSN

So at one point, they did broadcast live sports but is no longer the case.  All this info + one place = good. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2011, 04:03:49 PM
So at one point, they did broadcast live sports but is no longer the case.   

not at the same time sports packages were available...easy is either mistaken or hes referring to old school satelite dishes before before direct tv even existed....since the advent of EI...league pass and center ice you cannot nor could you ever get live sporting events unless you purchased the respective package
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

I don't have DirecTV (or EI) so I don't know if it works how FiOS does, where you get the channels and everything shows up fine up until the game starts, then it gets blacked out until after the game.  I have YES and SNY but don't get any Yankees or Mets games.  I don't remember when EI started but if you had a dish and got WGN, TBS, WPIX, WOR, PHL, HTC, whatever, I thought it showed the games with no problem....?

SunMo

wow, this is some shady shtein

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/US-regulator-turns-Comcast-NBC-lobbyist.html

QuoteMeredith Atwell Baker, one of the Federal Communications Commission members who voted to approve Comcast Corp.'s purchase of NBC Universal last year, says she's going to work for Comcast's NBC as a lobbyist when her term ends in June.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

I wouldn't say it's shady as much as it's simply sop. 

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 11, 2011, 04:24:55 PM
I don't have DirecTV (or EI) so I don't know if it works how FiOS does, where you get the channels and everything shows up fine up until the game starts, then it gets blacked out until after the game.  I have YES and SNY but don't get any Yankees or Mets games.  I don't remember when EI started but if you had a dish and got WGN, TBS, WPIX, WOR, PHL, HTC, whatever, I thought it showed the games with no problem....?

those are over the air stations and they have different classifications and rules than cable stations like csn, fox, yes, etc. i remember we at one time got wgn, tbs and that ny station that showed mets games. that was in the days of prism, though

plus that was way back in the day in the 90's when like 5 people had packages

Rome

ha - truth.

farging incestuous bullshtein goes on at the highest levels of power and the rest of us are left with the afterbirth and told to happily accept it or else.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 11, 2011, 01:02:23 PM
I don't care what they farging call it.  Make it available on directv.  Dicks. 

This.  bastiches.