The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cool, I guess?

QuoteFlyers broadcaster Jim Jackson will be making his NBC debut on Sunday, calling Washington and Buffalo in one of the networks' four regional telecasts as part of Hockey Day in America. Sunday is NBC's first collaboration project with Versus and Comcast SportsNet as a joint venture since their Jan. 28 merger.

MDS

simmons is starting his own website and is bringing a whole bunch of writers on with him

i have not been called as of yet
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Email him multiple times a day. Say you love the Celtics but also would like some Clips tickets from time to time. Lock it up.

ice grillin you

i absolutely despise jim jackson...not nearly on a wheels level but he really gets on my nerves
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I used to like Jackson when he would do some shifts on WIP.

MDS

in terms of insufferable homers hes actually below zumoff, but zumoff is such a great announcer it really doesnt matter

i cant imagine how awful it is listening to him and coatsey
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Jackson's a homer but he's got a decent voice for hockey.

Wheels just sounds annoying no matter what he's saying.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

charlie

So the past couple of nights i have been on the road more in the evenings, who the hell is Tom Byrne on 97.5? This guy is easily the most misinformed talk show host I have ever listened to. Give him 30 minutes and you'll see just how fueled by here-say this guy is, he gets called out 2 or three times an hour.

SD

Quote from: charlie on February 23, 2011, 09:57:08 AM
So the past couple of nights i have been on the road more in the evenings, who the hell is Tom Byrne on 97.5? This guy is easily the most misinformed talk show host I have ever listened to. Give him 30 minutes and you'll see just how fueled by here-say this guy is, he gets called out 2 or three times an hour.

He's a big college football fan (Notre Dame). I like TB, used to intern for him and got to know him pretty well. He knows his stuff. I don't think he's misinformed at all but maybe I missed it. What is he misinformed about?

charlie

Mostly baseball... but a lot of his rants make no sense... and he realizes it too once he talks himself in the corner.

ice grillin you

Kirk Herbstreit and his family moved out of central Ohio yesterday, a change that the ESPN college football analyst said he had pondered for three years. Herbstreit said the move to Nashville, Tenn., was because of the constant criticism he has received from a vocal minority of Ohio State fans who don't understand that his job at the network demands objectivity and fairness.

"Nobody loves Ohio State more than me," said Herbstreit, a former Buckeyes quarterback. "I still have a picture of Woody Hayes and my dad (Jim, a former OSU player) in my office, and nobody will do more than I do for the university behind the scenes. But I've got a job to do, and I'm going to continue to be fair and objective. To continue to have to defend myself and my family in regards to my love and devotion to Ohio State is unfair."

Herbstreit said he and his wife, Allison, visited several cities before deciding on Nashville. He will continue to do his Monday radio show on WBNS-FM (97.1) in the fall.

"From a sports perspective, this is rough," he said. "I love Ohio State. Love the Blue Jackets. Love the Reds. Those are my hobbies. I don't like moving. I love living here. I don't want to leave. But I just can't do this anymore. I really can't keep going like this.

"Eighty to ninety percent of the Ohio State fans are great. It's the vocal minority that make it rough. They probably represent only 5 to 10 percent of the fan base, but they are relentless."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

what a Hoyda

either deal with idiots on the street saying you suck or stop cashing your six figure tv checks, pretty boy

PoopyfaceMcGee

The real problems here are that Ohio State girls are ugly and fat and a buckeye is a nut.

PoopyfaceMcGee