The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Flyers/Rangers at the Linc

There was talk of Minnesota wanting to host, and the NHL said no because who gives a farg about Minnesota.  They're about as bland as you can get.  The Blackhawks will get another shot, but this time at Soldier Field i'd think.  The NHL prefers NFL Stadiums. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 04, 2011, 01:41:26 PM
Speaking of which, the NHL is pushing the Winter Classic to be played at the Linc.  IN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 04, 2011, 02:10:50 PM
doesnt the nhl decide where the winter classic is played...who are they pushing?

pretty sure the NHL doesn't have free reign over a NFL stadium and must grease the right wheels to lock it in

I'm assuming that their desire to have one at the Linc is more based on all the "green" shtein than the fact that the Flyers are pretty good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 04, 2011, 02:16:54 PM
pretty sure the NHL doesn't have free reign over a NFL stadium and must grease the right wheels to lock it in

lol...obviously they have to get permission to use the stadium....they arent just gonna show up unannounced and airlift a hockey rink into the linc

but there isnt a franchise or stadium anywhere that wouldnt work it out to host this game

if the nhl's intention is to have it at the linc then it will happen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Don't know, It could be another reason for Joey B and Lurie to show off their Green Initiative. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 04, 2011, 02:24:42 PM
Don't know, It could be another reason for Joey B and Lurie to show off their Green Initiative. 

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 04, 2011, 02:16:54 PM
I'm assuming that their desire to have one at the Linc is more based on all the "green" shtein than the fact that the Flyers are pretty good.

Thanks for the input, Doc Brown.

Seabiscuit36

I dont read your posts stupid

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

BURN

I guess the league realized if they can play in 50 and rainy, they can play anywhere.  Rangers/Flyers would be a great game to see.  One other rumor was Detroit at Colorado, which would be pretty cool.  Too bad its not the 90's when those teams hated eachother. 

MDS

hey sweet baby, i just got fired from espn
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

one of the Boston Herald's long-time sports columnists announced he was gay via today's article

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's a douche, but his show is really growing on me:

GottliebShow
Chizik said G-d was with them, oh, well, ok, now I know, guess that stunk for Oregon to try and overcome.

QB Eagles

The fargin feds shut down atdhe.net and channelsurfing.net

atdhe is back up at http://atdhenet.tv/ though

glad the department of homeland security is keeping us safe from the terrorists broadcasting out-of-market sports

Seabiscuit36

LMAO, i heard they were shut down, didn't realize this was the latest sting.  What a bunch of farg tards