The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

This is the worst broadcast crew working.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

#10 is impossible is newspapers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't believe that they let John Clayton on TV.  He looks like a leper with terminal cancer.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Diomedes on November 11, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Couldn't agree more.  It's a cliche, but last night was the first time I muted a NFL game while watching it because of Theisman and Millen.   I would have made a list of all the dumb shtein they said but I had better things to do with my life.  So terrible.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 12, 2010, 05:36:43 PM
I can't believe that they let John Clayton on TV.  He looks like a leper with terminal cancer.

He's been phased out for the most part. Schefter and Mort have made him and Pasquarelli irrelevant. Lenny P to the point where he left and went to the SportsXChange.

MDS

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 12, 2010, 06:50:29 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on November 11, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Couldn't agree more.  It's a cliche, but last night was the first time I muted a NFL game while watching it because of Theisman and Millen.   I would have made a list of all the dumb shtein they said but I had better things to do with my life.  So terrible.

millens actually really good, its just theismann is horrendous

id ask nfl network what they were thinking but they already hired bryant gumbel to do play by play so i guess that question is answered

Eagles_Legendz

Millen told Baltimore to run out of bounds on the kick return at the end of the game to stop the clock, and that they would have to burn a timeout when Heap went down, even after it was clear to everyone they were going to use a TO in that situation anyway.  Theisman is leagues worse, no argument there, but I don't see any awards being handed Millen's way after last night. 

Diomedes

I don't have NFL network, so I don't get to see the Thursday games, but the NFL allows the team markets to show their broadcast, so I saw this game.  I could not believe how awful the announcing crew was.  Even my mother couldn't stand them.

Millen was atrocious, easily a match for Theisman.  They couldn't call a play as it happened correctly...they waited until long after the play was over to say what was happening.  They get everyone's names wrong, talk about crap that doesn't matter while the game is under way, etc.

You'd think NFL would lay out some coin to put on a better show instead of this gang of idiots.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

related to Dio's point, ABC turned down the chance to carry the Eagles/taterskins game on monday instead sticking with Dancing with the Stars, so the Eagles game got bumped to CW17.  i find that incredible and i'm sure Joey threw a temper tantrum over at NovaCare when it happened
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

i won't believe that until todd confirms it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on November 13, 2010, 09:33:20 AM
related to Dio's point, ABC turned down the chance to carry the Eagles/taterskins game on monday instead sticking with Dancing with the Stars, so the Eagles game got bumped to CW17.  i find that incredible and i'm sure Joey threw a temper tantrum over at NovaCare when it happened

As he should. farg Dancing with the goddamn stars.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 13, 2010, 10:45:05 AM
Quote from: SunMo on November 13, 2010, 09:33:20 AM

As he should. farg Dancing with the goddamn stars.

You're not fooling anyone here.