Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

poor picture posting techniques?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I thought he was posing an open ended question.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's just say the Google image search was for "Ron Mexico."

ice grillin you

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/howard-kurtz/2010/09/msnbc_finally_pays_off_at_30_r.html

A Temple University graduate, Capus got his start as a producer at Philadelphia's WCAU-TV, where he was paired with the new South Jersey reporter, Brian Williams. He wound up as executive producer of Williams's MSNBC newscast and then of "Nightly News," which didn't hurt his bid for a top management spot. Capus threw a pizza party last week to celebrate Williams winning 52 straight weeks in the ratings. "Nightly" has averaged 8.55 million viewers, to 7.55 million for Diane Sawyer's broadcast and 5.71 million for Katie Couric's program.

NBC's other signature newscasts, "Today"and "Meet the Press," were in first place when Capus took over and remain atop the ratings, despite the death of Tim Russert and Couric's defection to CBS. There has been some industry chatter about whether Couric might be lured to her old network when her CBS contract expires next year.

"How can you not at least think about it?" Capus says of the prospect of Couric's return. While he calls the "CBS Evening News" a "good broadcast," Capus adds that every television journalist needs the right platform--and in Couric's case, "you have to think long and hard, what would that be?"

NBC, like every network, is trying to peddle more of its wares online (CBS's "60 Minutes" will launch a Web show with original content next week called "Overtime"). Capus notes that NBC's Ann Curry has more than 1 million followers on Twitter. Williams, who has dissed Twitter as a waste of time, finally joined the site last week (he has 4,000 followers but has yet to tweet).

But a long shadow hangs over the news division. Comcast's acquisition of the network from General Electric, which is expected to be completed by year's end, could bring major changes in leadership and resources. In his limited conversations with Comcast executives, Capus says, "they are very much in that mode of 'what can we do to help?' You want to hear that."

One plus for the Philadelphia-area native: the cable giant owns the Flyers and the 76ers. Capus, who keeps Flyers photos on his office wall, bumped into Brian Roberts, Comcast's chief executive, at a game during the hockey playoffs.

Did they huddle about NBC's future?

"We talked about whether the Flyers could score on the power play," Capus says.

ice grillin you

sports nation is awesome today...its live from penn state and they are doing pittsburgh vs philly stuff....yanks vs phils...id like to be doing beadle

MDS

yea she is like 1000 i want to bang you points ahead of erin right now

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Lou Holtz...jeez he spits a lot when he's talking.

And that Lee Corso Hooters commercial is creepy

SD

2 more interns got dropped today

We started out with 14, now we're down to 8. Survivor bitches.

MDS

did mikey miss sexually harass them on their way out?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on September 23, 2010, 09:22:32 PM
did mikey miss sexually harass them on their way out?

Maybe he squared them up on the way out the door? Like he did with the WIP producer.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on September 23, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
2 more interns got dropped today

We started out with 14, now we're down to 8. Survivor bitches.

If it's not on tv, it's not real.

ice grillin you

is wip hurting that much for ad revenue that they have to play that creep joey ventos new racist commerical.....its soooooo bad

SunMo

it's hilarious in it's awkwardness.

him talking about people speaking english when he struggles to say social security.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

i think 97.5 was running that ad for a bit too.

hey, who better than a guy who makes sandwiches for a living to speak for the people of philadelphia.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

his speech sounded like a retarded lou holtz in the first one

which was nothing more than the hilarious ramblings of a bitter old man

but this new one is overtly racist