The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Its awful. Like Fuzzy Zoeller awful.

ice grillin you

A SportsBusiness Journal report this week says the club has finally climbed out of last place for local television ratings among the 29 Major League Baseball teams in the United States. The Toronto Blue Jays were not included in the survey. It's the first time the Nats have been out of the cellar since they moved to the District in 2005.

Washington has averaged a 1.34 rating on MASN and MASN2 this season -- a 139-percent increase from 2009. The year before that the Nats averaged just 8,000 households-per-game -- far and away the worst ratings of any big-league market. This season they have passed both the Los Angeles Angels and the Oakland A's (1.23 each). As of the All-Star break, Washington's household average is now 31,290, according to Nielsen Media Research ratings.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

not to defend espn's whoring of lebron james because it was sickening but how is that even story....it rightly was pulled in my opinion as theres nothing there...really it should have never been posted to begin with

ice grillin you

so i read espn is showing 13 cfb games in 3D this year

how does that work?

do you sit at home on your couch with 3d glasses on like in the theater

Seabiscuit36

you need to have a 3D HDTV, a cable/satellite provider that can broadcast them ie.  Directv, and you need glasses.  They're expensive, like 100 bucks plus, and more like sunglasses than the crappy ones we had as kids.  So all in all its an expensive deal to upgrade, and i dont know how good the payoff is for sporting events. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

So I'm interning with 97.5 the Fanatic this fall. I had an internship offer from Comcast Spectacor Flyers/Sixers but decided to stick with the Fanatic.

MDS

Is your mouth prepped for mikey miss' cock?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: KDS on August 03, 2010, 05:00:29 PM
Is your mouth prepped for mikey miss' cock?

something you can give him pointers on for sure.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

He's still perfecting his technique

smeags

he can deep throat with the best, whats there to work on ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

someone with those skills doesn't get stuck in Brownsville

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on August 03, 2010, 04:55:38 PM
So I'm interning with 97.5 the Fanatic this fall. I had an internship offer from Comcast Spectacor Flyers/Sixers but decided to stick with the Fanatic.

hey, that's cool.  how long is the gig, part time or full?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Late August until mid December. It's 15-20 hours per week unpaid. It's all I have to do to finish my degree...counts as 3 whole credits.

Diomedes

Nice.  You'll learn a good deal about the business and possible make some productive contacts.  

I interned at a rock and roll station for a while in college.  Didn't go down that road--SAP and then ditch digging were simply too sexy to resist--but it wasn't a waste of time either.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger