Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont know why...thats my point...nobody cares but you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

pretty much

i love sports media stuff and hockeys role in all of that is really the only interesting thing about it. oh i forgot about the exciting sharks/lightning cup finals. that too.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on January 08, 2010, 12:52:47 PM
hockey is very solid in person but i find it impossible to get into living in philly seeing as its hockey weather like 2 weeks out of the year. you need consistent cold and snow for hockey and they arent that many places in america where that happens.

Yeah I heard there's snow on the ground and tundra like 90% of the year in Toronto. And Vancouver is practically Siberia.

MDS

hockey deserves canada and canada deserve hockey
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on January 08, 2010, 06:58:53 PM
hockey deserves canada and canada deserve hockey

that i agree with.  they also deserve nukes.  lots and lots of nukes. 

ice grillin you

Eagles-Cowboys scores in ratings for NBCJanuary 10, 2010 at 5:28 pm by Pete Dougherty, Staff writer
The Saturday night NFL wild-card playoff game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys scored a 19.4 overnight rating, the highest in the eight years the league has played a prime-time game on wild-card weekend.

Overall it's the highest overnight rating for a Saturday wild-card game since 1999. It was 7 percent higher than last year's Colts-Chargers overtime game (18.3).

reese125

cant believe eagles fans stayed tuned in that long for that kind of rating. shtein had to be taken at kickoff.

MDS

nope its the full game. and eagles fans accounted for roughly no more than 3 million of that. the rest are cowboys fans and casual fans. in fact its mostly casual fans, thats why nfl ratings are so high. no other sport can bring in casual fans.

reese125

Sgt PSN

hockey is alienating it's own fans and i don't think there's such a thing as a "casual" hockey fan.  i'm not a huge college football fan but i'll watch usc/ohio st.  or texas/texas a&m.  and several of the other big rivalry games out there.  but there isn't a single rivalry in the nhl that i consider "must see" and i suspect the same holds true for most non-hockey fans.   

BigEd76

Cataldi and Missanelli signed extensions with their stations.  Missanelli claims WIP asked him to come back and replace Eskin...

ice grillin you

tony bruno returns to the philly airwaves monday 12-2 before missanellis show

MDS

for some reason ive found cataldi more bearable recently. eskin, though, is just about as bad as it gets--both humanity wise and on radio.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on January 14, 2010, 12:20:17 PM
for some reason ive found cataldi more bearable recently. eskin, though, is just about as bad as it gets--both humanity wise and on radio.

Because he's the father of the McNabb hate and you're one of his followers now.

Sgt PSN

cataldi is, was and always will be a grade a moron.  when i lived in philly i used to watch his show on csn and shoot the tv with a nerf dart gun.  it was the highlight of my day.