ConcreteField: We hate you, and we insist you conform to our ways

Started by General_Failure, November 07, 2004, 07:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

My sense of humor, or lack thereof (in your eyes), is not the point.

But every thread doesn't have to turn into a ridiculous 2nd grade sounding namecalling-fest.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

There simply isn't as much to talk about to keep us all entertained right now.  Plus, we no longer have BOTW threads.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 06, 2006, 03:10:36 PM
There simply isn't as much to talk about to keep us all entertained right now.  Plus, we no longer have BOTW threads.

Great, there is a whole general section to talk about bullshtein. How about not farging up every single football related thread with general BS talk?

Sound like a plan?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

How about taking a football message board really really seriously. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on April 06, 2006, 03:16:50 PM
How about taking a football message board really really seriously. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I'm sorry, but if its not taken a little seriously by those who run it, it turns into the clusterfarg that is the EMB.

Since this board was created to get AWAY from that crap, yes....we will take it seriously. Thanks.

MURP

If you dont like it,  leave.  There are plenty of other Eagles message boards out there.  Contrary to what you think, people do care and we do get feedback from many people.    Everyone who works on this board is in agreement that the intentional crap on the sports related threads has gone far enough.   

SunMo

honestly, the so-called "thread ruining" is not intentional, but like FF said it's usually a response to some of the garbage that is posted. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

All of the offenders that you are talking about also contribute football talk. And almost 100% of the time, the nonsesne is sparked by someone saying something so stupid and over the top and incorrect that we respond with nonsense to make a point. But you know what?

Quote from: MURP on April 06, 2006, 03:22:01 PM
If you dont like it, leave.

No problem, sugar.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

it's not even threads getting off track. that happens.

it's when you click open a thread you want to read...only to be greeted by 25 posts of complete crap that is only funny to 3 people.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Quote from: Wingspan on April 06, 2006, 03:28:51 PM

it's when you click open a thread you want to read...only to be greeted by 25 posts of complete crap

that sums it up well.   

Mad-Lad

it's when you click open a thread you want to read...only to be greeted by 25 posts of complete crap that is only funny to 3 people.

If we want to look at Alba ass all day we can save the pic to our desktop.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe you should contribute your **non-crap** opinion more often, then.  Surely, no threads could deteriorate beyond repair if you keep us up-to-date with your feelings, right?

SunMo

you're right, we don't want to hide all those pearls of football wisdom posted on here
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 06, 2006, 03:46:15 PM

Maybe you should contribute your **non-crap** opinion more often, then.  Surely, no threads could deteriorate beyond repair if you keep us up-to-date with your feelings, right?

when i say "crap" i am not talking about any one's opinion.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Nobody is talking about football arguments.  We are talking about the random stuff that has nothing to do with a thread that goes back and forth endlessly.   It clogs up threads and doesnt allow people to find information they want. It doesnt contribute anything worthwhile to the board other than allowing a handful of people to treat sports threads like their personal chat room.   Shoot the shtein in the general section, keep it out of the others.  Bottom line is that we have seen enough of it and are asking for it to stop.  That is a simple enough request.