Thanks

Started by Yeti, August 14, 2005, 06:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

I want to extend a thanks to everybody who runs and manages the board.  It seems to be a real labor of love and I really have enjoyed myself here.  That said, I also want to say how much I enjoyed the fans who post here as well.  You are all great people, the ones I met and the ones I haven't.
  On our last trip up north a great opportunity presented itself and we decided to take advantage of it.  I am giving my two week notice on Monday and we are moving Aug. 31.
  This is kind of sudden and our place is pretty unfinished.  No phone lines are run in yet and we won't have internet access.  I am sure I will be able to post now and then and hopeful get to a game or two when I come down to visit.
  But basically thanks, it's been a lot a fun.  You guys made the work day easier to get through.  If you ski or snowmobile, IM me with your address and I'll have you up.

Dave
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Sgt PSN

Yeah, like anyone here is dumb enough to accept an invite to your cabin in the middle of no where.  Now go frollock (sp?) in the wilderness where you belong.  I'll give all the girls at Suzie's your best.  :)

Dude, did you say skiing?  I'll be there in a week.

Diomedes

It's been awful nice having you.   And the people who run this board are great.  But you're not supposed to tell them that, bro.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Dude, you'd better get yourself some dialup service up there. :)

We need ya around these parts!  :=)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Zanshin

Hey, Congrats.  Sounds like fun...now get that internet hookup cookin', or plan to spend copious amounts of time at the local Library posting your Vermont stories.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on August 15, 2005, 08:59:11 AM
Hey, Congrats. Sounds like fun...now get that internet hookup cookin', or plan to spend copious amounts of time at the local Library posting your Vermont stories.

Dude, Yeti's stories are weird enough when he talks about his experiences with other people.  I cringe at the thought of what we'll hear about when he moves out into the wilderness.  It'll be like Ron Jeremy meets Davey Crockett.  :puke

Geowhizzer

Forget the dial-up.  Get dish/cable (is there cable in that Deliverance area you're moving to?)

Remember the DirecTV/Sunday Ticket.  Don't want to miss those Eagles games!

Seabiscuit36

Good luck with the move Yeti.  Your stories are the best man.  Get dialup or get Satellite thru Direct TV as Geo said that way you can still watch the games ^-^ 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

No more Yeti stories? No more Babe of the Week?! One less person who actually finds me entertaining?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

WEAK!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Yeti on August 14, 2005, 06:23:57 PMOn our last trip up north a great opportunity presented itself and we decided to take advantage of it.

How far up north?

mussa

Thanks for the invite...but mrs. yeti already has me marked in for the weekend your going to the eagles game.  i doubt we'll leave the cabin  :-D :yay

in all seriousness..  :paranoid  .. u'll be missed for sure.  get yourself some kinda internet access.  this place won't be the same without you.  im jealous of your cabin in the woods of vermont.  keep us updated with pictures.

:yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Yeti

(Northeast Kingdom Vermont east of Jay Peak)

Thanks for the kind words.  The wife excepted a job up there but she has to start right away.  She will get to retire with full benefits in 10 years.  I am going to finish up the house and decide if I like retirement or not.  I might get bored in a few weeks and decide to run the 1/2 mile of phone lines back to the house.  I am thinking I need to get a heat source in before it hit minus temperatures.  Then windows would probably be a good thing to have in.  The kitchen sink will follow that.  We will live on take out food until then.  Then I will finish framing out the interior.  If you are coming up Mussa, bring your hammer.  I am only 42 so I don't know if I am ready to retire permanently.  If I like it, great, if I don't I will probably start up a snowmobile / ATC rental and guide service.  It should be exciting.   
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Yeti on August 15, 2005, 04:13:26 PM
(Northeast Kingdom Vermont east of Jay Peak)

Thanks for the kind words.  The wife excepted a job up there but she has to start right away.  She will get to retire with full benefits in 10 years.  I am going to finish up the house and decide if I like retirement or not.  I might get bored in a few weeks and decide to run the 1/2 mile of phone lines back to the house.  I am thinking I need to get a heat source in before it hit minus temperatures.  Then windows would probably be a good thing to have in.  The kitchen sink will follow that.  We will live on take out food until then.  Then I will finish framing out the interior.  If you are coming up Mussa, bring your hammer.  I am only 42 so I don't know if I am ready to retire permanently.  If I like it, great, if I don't I will probably start up a snowmobile / ATC rental and guide service.  It should be exciting.   

I can see Mrs. Yeti in January.  :-D

"It's kind of drafty in here, isn't it, honey?" as she smacks Yeti in the arm.

Seriously, Yeti, sounds like the way to retire.  Good luck and God bless until we see you again.

Zanshin

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 15, 2005, 05:25:20 PM
...God bless until we see you again.

lol...but after he comes back, the hell with him?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on August 16, 2005, 08:31:02 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 15, 2005, 05:25:20 PM
...God bless until we see you again.

lol...but after he comes back, the hell with him?

Well, he'll be back here then.  >:D