Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Jessicas for Prez.  Alba and Biel.  They could trade off being the Dom/Sub (Pres/VP).  Film it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd vote for that ticket.

On a side note, I think Dio is drunk.

Event Horizon

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 04:24:54 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:22:53 PM
No. It's been heating for thousands of years. Most undersea volcanoes are located in the Pacific. The "ring of fire" is located in the Pacific. El Nino originates in the Pacific as a result. The Earth is moving back towards equilibrium which means an overall heating. Al and the gang could take us back to the stone age and nothing would change this fact.

This Science Moment brought to by a grant from ExxonMobil and the White House Project for Climate Change Awareness.

Real science must be funded.

Diomedes

Phanatic

Yeah there's no evidence that it is man made. Just parallels. Though I ask myself which side of the argument can afford to be wrong? The one that causes some inconvenience or the one that could drive us off a cliff.

Though I don't really like winter so let's wait a few more years.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Phanatic on January 23, 2007, 04:43:58 PM

I can't wait to sing Christmas songs like "I'm dreaming of a tropical Christmas" or for shopping mall Santas to set up shop wearing bermuda shorts and an island shirt. 

Event Horizon

Yeah there's no evidence that it is man made. Just parallels. Though I ask myself which side of the argument can afford to be wrong? The one that causes some inconvenience or the one that could drive us off a cliff.

Global warming won't drive us off a cliff. Some areas will become more temperate while others become more arid. Coastlines may rearrange but that has happened throughout time. Sea level has fallen and risen. It's the way of the World. Humans didn't order things from the beginning and the idea that they can do so now is the height of folly. The only way humanity is driven off a cliff is if Al Gore is at the wheel of a global Hugo.

Father Demon

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2007, 04:54:38 PM

I can't wait to sing Christmas songs like "I'm dreaming of a tropical Christmas" or for shopping mall Santas to set up shop wearing bermuda shorts and an island shirt. 

Mele Kalikimaka, bitch.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PMHumans didn't order things from the beginning...
I see where you're coming from.  Next you'll tell us that dinosaur fossils were put there by God as a trick to test our faith.  This just gets better and better.

Phanatic

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PM

Global warming won't drive us off a cliff. Some areas will become more temperate while others become more arid. Coastlines may rearrange but that has happened throughout time. Sea level has fallen and risen. It's the way of the World. Humans didn't order things from the beginning and the idea that they can do so now is the height of folly. The only way humanity is driven off a cliff is if Al Gore is at the wheel of a global Hugo.

Hope your right... Don't think you are...

Event Horizon

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 05:02:52 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PMHumans didn't order things from the beginning...
I see where you're coming from.  Next you'll tell us that dinosaur fossils were put there by God as a trick to test our faith.  This just gets better and better.

No. I think the evidence suggests that the global distribution fossils could only occur by events described in the Bible. Far from dinosaur, or any other, fossils being a trick, they corroborate the testimony of the Scripture. The fossil record is a defense, not an offense. Science does not hinder my belief. Actually, if causes if to flourish.   

rjs246

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

So why is global warming a religious thing anyway?

Not all of the righteous agree with you either.

QuoteIn another pairing of strange bedfellows, a group of evangelicals and scientists said last week that they will work together to convince the nation's leaders that global warming is real.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/nation/01/23/23climatechange.html