Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I agree with this, though:

QuoteThe Eagles didn't wear the black alternate last season, and let's hope for a repeat of that this year.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

What is going on in the best sports town in America?

Late Tuesday afternoon, it was one bombshell after another. At 2:54 p.m., the Eagles announced that they had released veteran defensive end Jason Babin (see story). Then at 4:43 p.m., the Phillies released a statement from general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. regarding the 25-game suspension issued to Carlos Ruiz for testing positive for an amphetamine (see story). Add these stories to the constant chatter about Andy Reid's coaching status and Andrew Bynum's puzzling knees, and we have one big soap opera that is likely to get worse before it gets better.

Hardly anyone believes the Eagles will win again this season, and when New Year's Eve arrives Reid will be sent packing and the speculation will be in high gear regarding who will replace him. The road ahead for the Eagles will be a painful one for at least another year or two, and that is something we are not used to in this town.

After all the hype in September about Bynum's arrival, I am getting a sneaky suspicion we might not see the big guy at all in a Sixers uniform and that is disappointing.

The Phillies can change the mojo a little bit by signing a big-time free agent, but if B.J. Upton decides to bypass Philadelphia, it'll be another blow to a city that has taken its share of punches lately.

I won't bring up the Flyers because hockey fans everywhere are suffering, although I do believe federal mediator George Cohen might help save the season.

As we approach the holiday season, I hope things are going well in your life because your sports teams certainly aren't keeping you as entertained as they have in previous years.

QB Eagles

We're basically just back to 1998 sportswise. Surely one of these sorry teams will give us something to cheer for sooner than we expect (and I don't mean firing Andy). But yeah it's a pretty good time to cultivate some other hobbies.

ice grillin you

in that last two days ive booked trips to florida for phillies spring training and flyers in tampa (holla at your boy romey) plus phils at chicago/temple at notre dame labor day weekend

throw that on top of lsu at tuscaloosa courtesy of legendz and its gonna be a pretty great year

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

temple bout to tip off leading into flyers then sixers then lasalle

pretty nice nite

ice grillin you

jerry buss won ten championships

the four current philly teams have a combined 9.....EVER

MDS

are you counting the 3 whackass eagles titles before there was a superbowl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

of course

only team to ever beat vince lombardi

MDS

something that barely counted and that happened 53 years ago

philadelphia sports, everyone
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

tell my dad that

hell choke your ass to death

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 18, 2013, 01:58:19 PM
tell my dad that

hell choke your ass to death

either they retroactively play the oilers in the super bowl or it didnt count

youre basically talking about the nfl stone age here. half a league + a home title game. lol.

ice grillin you

young dumb and full of cum is no way to go thru life