Sixers
0 (0%)
Phillies
10 (62.5%)
Eagles
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

ice grillin you

the phillies dont have a single player who can get better next year...and in fact have an ancient team that is slowly getting worse...they are on the way down not up...they have ZERO chance of winning the world series next year and less chance than the eagles winning the superbowl...dont get me wrong i dont think any of the teams are winning in the next year or two but the phillies are def not

if you voted for the phillies because you think they have the best organization of the four teams and that in ten years they will be back on top and that will be the cities next title then thats understandable...but if you are voting for the phillies because they were the best of the four teams last year then thats just not looking at the situation in a wise manner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The thing about baseball is that of the four majors I think that is the one where an older team has a better shot at winning compared to the other sports.

So while the Phils are not getting younger and don't have any real youth to add to the team, they do have great pitching. It will come down to the offense again. That doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy about them - but when talking about which of our four teams will win first I think they're the obvious choice.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 12, 2011, 09:50:34 AM
The thing about baseball is that of the four majors I think that is the one where an older team has a better shot at winning compared to the other sports.

So while the Phils are not getting younger and don't have any real youth to add to the team, they do have great pitching. It will come down to the offense again. That doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy about them - but when talking about which of our four teams will win first I think they're the obvious choice.

i agree on the age thing regarding baseball but when i look at the phillies team i see nothing about them that screams world series caliber

i also agree that the offense needs to get a lot better but the reality if that its only going to get worse...that said they lost to the cardinals primarily because that supposedly great pitching failed them in game two....the phillies pitching is great in the regular season when other teams arent bearing down on every pitch and every at bat and against bad teams....in the playoffs tho the seperation btwn their staff and the others closes greatly

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 12, 2011, 09:55:45 AM

i agree on the age thing regarding baseball but when i look at the phillies team i see nothing about them that screams world series caliber

Halladay-Lee-Hamels perhaps?

ice grillin you

they have never even won a playoff series together much less a title....and two of them are getting deeper into their 30's where a fall off even if its small is inevitable

then you have the offense which is so bad in the postseason that it pretty much nullifys any rotational advantage they may have over their opponent

show me substantial upgrade in the lineup and i might see things differently however not only is it not going to be much better its actually going to be worse

i cant really argue that the phillies have the best chance to win a title out of the four teams in 2012 but thats completely difefrent than who will win the citys next title....unless everyone is saying the phillies will win in 2012

PoopyfaceMcGee

Phillies - decent chance in 2012, lesser chance in 2013-2014, decent chance longer term because of high payroll but not great chance because of depleted farm system
Flyers - lesser chance in 2012 than Phillies but decent chance in the next 3-5 years if Bryz doesn't suck, management always keeps team relatively competitive
Eagles - could be the beginning of a longer-term decline and with Packers/Rodgers in the NFC, getting to the Super Bowl will be harder than winning it
Sixers - picking them for this would really have no basis you believe in the inspiring power of Phil E. Moose

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

charlie

i dont give a shtein about the nhl or nba so it was between the birds and phils and i dont think i'll ever see a superbowl win.