Previous topic - Next topic

What To Do With The Groupon

Use It On Your Selfish Self
0 (0%)
Communitize It
8 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ice grillin you

last night i got in an argument with a friend over this....

i bought a groupon for a restaurant a few months ago...paid $15 for a $30 johnson...its a place we all like and have been to before....and we are gonna go again and eat and drink it up...so in the midst of a discussion about it all he says damn i wish i had gotten that....and im like dummy you can only use one groupon per table...and he says yeah if i had one id be using mine...to which i reply ass the whole table is gonna benefit from it anyway and since you can only use one it doesnt matter whose it is...hes like farg that id be using it to shrink my portion of the tab

basically i went crazy at that point calling that a fleshpop move and how would you not just throw it in the middle of the table and still ante up your regular portion of the bill

whos right?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

If you weren't down to share it, eat/drink by yourself
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Cheapskates get the gas face.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on July 15, 2011, 08:00:45 AM
If you weren't down to share it, eat/drink by yourself

thats exactly what i said...you dont wanna share it just dont bring it that night and use it another time

Diomedes

yay though it pains me to say it:  igy is right.

side question:  is this guy one of those douchebags who wants to divy up a group bill to the penny and pay only his cost&tip?  I hate these motherfargers.  divide the bill by the number of people dining and move on.  who cares if that guy Dio drank three times more than anyone else and had steak rather than pasta, ass
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 15, 2011, 08:49:44 AM
yay though it pains me to say it:  igy is right.

side question:  is this guy one of those douchebags who wants to divy up a group bill to the penny and pay only his cost&tip?  I hate these motherfargers.  divide the bill by the number of people dining and move on.  who cares if that guy Dio drank three times more than anyone else and had steak rather than pasta, ass

thats the ironic part....he isnt...i mean if it was two couples he would do that...but if its a group he would definitely take the total and divide it by the number of people

his thing last night was that it wasnt a coupon...that he already came out of pocket for 15 bucks for it and people dont think about that...they just see a piece of paper and think he got it for free

Diomedes

yeah well he needs to re-think his dumbass position
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Sgt PSN

If you buy a groupon knowing that you'll probably be going to said restaurant with other people, then you should probably do so with the intent of using it for the entire table.  And maybe it's just me, but if I were having dinner with someone and they broke out a groupon, I'd ask them how much they spent on it and offer them a few bucks if they'd apply it to the entire bill. 

If the goupon starts to get on the pricey side (say $50 for $100) then you may want to mention it before hand and ask everyone else if they'd split the cost of the groupon with you.  So if it's you and 4 other people, then they'd each kick a 10 spot back at you (or pick up $10 of your bill).  And if they decline, then farg them and use it all on yourself. 

PhillyPhreak54

igy is right.

You throw it down for the groups bill and then you divide up the remaining amount.

Tell your cheap ass friend to quit being tight fisted

Munson

I don't get the "divide the total due amongst everybody" thing. I used to work in a restaurant and I still go out to eat with friends who still serve there, and not once do they ever suggest to split the bill evenly. Everyone pays for what they bought, and then throws in on top for tip. Since I didn't really go out to eat without parents before working there, I just took my cues from them, since I assumed a waiter would know what was generally accepted.

Edit: agree with everyone else on the groupon thing. If you have a coupon or a gift card, it goes towards the total bill, not just your own.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have found much more happiness in life being generous with my friends. A few bucks is a few bucks. If I really need to be smart with money, I'm not going out to eat at all... and I'm certainly more worried about the big purchases than a few dollars between friends.

That said if all the freeloaders in the entire restaurant wanted a piece of my groupon, I'd tell them to take their hippie asses to the soup kitchen.

ice grillin you

what freeloaders?

and it has nothing to do with not having enough money it had to do with the fact that dook said he paid for the groupon he should get the advantages of it...he was wrong and im not defending him but damn you all over the map son

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

I can be frugal, but there's no way I'd whip that out and not let everyone benefit from it. People who are that cheap are no fun to be around.