Golden Tate, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, October 30, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

He's a very good receiver.  They gave up a 3.  If they don't re-sign him they'll probably get back a 4 if not higher.  So, basically, they get a minimum of 8 games for a guy for the difference between a third & fourth round pick. 

Yes. We should definitely be upset. 

SD

NFL Research
✔  @NFLResearch 

New #Eagles WR Golden Tate has:

• the most yards after catch (2,736) in the NFL since 2014

• led all WRs in yards after catch in 3 of last 4 full seasons

• the 2nd-most 3rd down receptions (124) in the NFL since 2014@showtimetate15

2:56 PM - Oct 30, 2018

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Thinking must be that Wallace/Hollins can be the stretch if/when they ever come back, the priority is just getting weapons in general out there.

Munson

Quote from: smeags on October 30, 2018, 03:09:01 PM
the lions didn't hesiTate when they heard the eagle's offer.

It was a Golden opportunity for both teams.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on October 30, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

Sucks you're banned, you should see the discussion on TATE

General_Failure

By god, they're going to make those screen passes work even if it kills them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on October 30, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Munson on October 30, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

Sucks you're banned, you should see the discussion on TATE

lol I can only imagine. I got to the point where I was barely even lurking in TATE anymore last season. Had to check in when they were making their run last year of course, and then I think I spent the least amount of time there after the SB that I ever have. Some of that probably had to do with finally winning and being satisfied I'm sure.

I heard about the BS fake news reason being given for my banning ::) They even had a poster from here pretend he "saw something" somewhere else, god knows where :-D. I was able to get a message to Ed over there about it, but I'm IP banned so can't really check in to see if anything came of it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on October 30, 2018, 03:51:41 PM
By god, they're going to make those screen passes work even if it kills them.

This is exactly the thought I had when I saw the headline on ESPN.  Pretty funny. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 30, 2018, 03:09:53 PM
He's a very good receiver.  They gave up a 3.  If they don't re-sign him they'll probably get back a 4 if not higher.  So, basically, they get a minimum of 8 games for a guy for the difference between a third & fourth round pick. 

Yes. We should definitely be upset.

theres not a chance its a 3 and depending on what the eagles do in free agency there might not be a comp pick at all

also if they get a comp pick its not until 2020...so while not a reason alone not to do it you do lose a year on the pick you traded

the 8 months is irrelevant unless they at least make the super bowl and tate is a factor in why they made it

we can argue all day about the trade and you can think its the greatest trade ever....but the idea that you are salty because some people think its an overpay is laughable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If there's no chance it's a three, why is every article being written about this saying Detroit would likely get a three as compensation?

Also - it's a good trade at a fair price.  Nothing more.  Stop with the hysterics, IGY. 

Diomedes

Let's argue all day.

Here's my take:  the Eagles got better with this trade.  Carson got a capable tool to use.  I'm good with it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 30, 2018, 06:13:02 PM
If there's no chance it's a three, why is every article being written about this saying Detroit would likely get a three as compensation?

because they are stupid?

for it to be a 3rd a 31 year old slot wr would have to get ridiculous money and the eagles more or less sign no one in FA

ill apologize then kung fu grip my bird if they get a 3 but its not happening...in fact theres more chance they get a five than a three...shtein theres a lot more chance of getting no pick than a 3rd
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

4 - 4, shtein I'll be happy with anyone.

Mike Garafolo
✔  @MikeGarafolo 

The #Eagles had been throwing to Nelson Agholor close to the line of scrimmage and trying to get him some YAC. That's one of Golden Tate's strengths. Get him to do that and send Agholor down the field. Smart move. I like it.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.