Curious: Who's Online

Started by Diomedes, October 26, 2004, 01:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I hang out at the Who's Online page quite a bit.  One strange thing I notice:  there are a LOT of guests reading the David Boston Robocop thread on a regular basis.  Why?

My theory is that since it's a complete copy and paste from a pay only site, people are finding the article here through google.  God knows the article and subject don't warrant that much attention alone.  Must be the "free" part that attracts all these folks?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

That would explain why "David Boston Robocop" shows up so often in the search results.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

Quote from: Diomedes on October 26, 2004, 01:28:59 PM
I hang out at the Who's Online page quite a bit.

whats so fun about that page...  :paranoid

General_Failure

My favorite one is "Nothing, or nothing you can see..."

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

I suppose since Boston recently showed back up on the police blotter, his name is being punched into search engines more than a few weeks ago. 

Diomedes

Quote from: MURP on October 26, 2004, 01:34:44 PMwhats so fun about that page... :paranoid

Not much fun really.  But it's what I do.

It's an easy way to monitor board activity, so I know what people are reading and where they're posting.  Quick way to see which threads are hot.

Also, it's funny to see how much time Yeti spends looking at his own profile.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on October 26, 2004, 02:53:10 PM
Also, it's funny to see how much time Yeti spends looking at his own profile.

:-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.