Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2017, 03:33:32 PM
I would like to order some actual printed photographs.  How does one do such a thing anymore?  The cheapo site I was using apparently doesn't do prints anymore.  Are there better options than Snapfish and the like?

You could probably do it at Walgreens. Online, I used art.com to have some of the pics I took in China printed and delivered in a frame.

Munson

Yeah I think Wallgreens a few others do some of the usual sized prints...I used Target.com for a picture I wanted a bigger version of.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

You can go to CVS or order from them online. I had my passport photo done by them 6 months ago and there was a person there picking up their photos.

Rome

No matter how badly we treat each other or the planet, we still can't ruin nature's awesome beauty. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2017, 03:33:32 PM
I would like to order some actual printed photographs.  How does one do such a thing anymore?  The cheapo site I was using apparently doesn't do prints anymore.  Are there better options than Snapfish and the like?

Sorry I missed this. Where did you end up going?

A lot of pros actually use Costco. And in a pinch, Walmart isn't terrible. Otherwise, places like bayphoto.com and mpix.com do a good job, with a nice variety of products in addition to prints being available.

Two other places that I've used are Miller's Professional Imaging and White House Custom Color. But they tend to sell only in the B2B area, marketing their stuff to professional photographers, and they may require setting up a profile and/or account.

ice grillin you

i use costco all the time.....its so cheap
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

In New Hampshire this past weekend/week, took the camera with me. The 70-300mm lens apparently is not a VR lens @Sus, as I got some visible blur on really zoomed in shots (or, atleast, if I zoomed in on the camera later on after taking the picture). But a few of the pictures turned out real well.

Loon has a crayfish in his mouth in the one picture. Got him right after he came up from diving.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

I don't understand how you can see all that wildlife and not shoot it with a gun instead of a camera

Munson

Lol I like my wildlife living

Munson

Took a couple of weeks to drive across the country and hit a few National Parks....not every picture came out great as I had to rush some of them, but here are some animals from Shenandoah National Park...

The bears were hardest to get a good picture of, they move out of there fast as soon as they realize there's people around.

The Timber rattler was a little terrifying to take a picture of.

Diomedes

If you find yourself in the area, or want a cool day trip in the mid atlantic area, the exhibit of Robert DeGast's photography at the Chesapeake Maritime Museum in St. Michaeis Maryland is excellent.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: Diomedes on August 11, 2017, 09:01:19 PM
If you find yourself in the area, or want a cool day trip in the mid atlantic area, the exhibit of Robert DeGast's photography at the Chesapeake Maritime Museum in St. Michaeis Maryland is excellent.

A quick google search says that's not too far from the town of Oxford, which my great grandfather was the mayor/postmaster/etc of. We go down and visit every once in a while since my grandmother is buried there, might go check that place out next time we go. I've never been big into photography but getting a decent camera has definitely gotten me more into it.

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Munson:  that exhibit runs for another nine months or so.   The rest of the museum is very interesting as well.  They've got Frederick Douglass' sister's house there, among other things.  I highly recommend it.  The town itself is cute, but touristy, plenty of restaurants and cafes, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Ah, Frederick Douglass...he's a nice fellow. Solid dude.