2014 Philadelphia Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by SD, June 13, 2014, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Kimmo is back on a 1 year deal. Way to get younger.

ice grillin you

they are farged in mediocrity

wonder why kimmo wouldnt have waited it out and tried to latch onto a cup contending team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They're not winning shtein next year and Gotstabeme is gonna need someone to show him the ropes.  Might as well be Kimmo.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2014, 08:20:36 PM
wonder why kimmo wouldnt have waited it out and tried to latch onto a cup contending team

SunMo

because he didn't want to be away from his family.  it was either retire or play for the flyers.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Rome

Love it.  Good for both of them.  That photo should be hung in the Flyers executives offices as a constant reminder of their monumental & decades-long personnel fargups.

rjs246

I suspect that over the long haul Hextall will do a good job with this team, but I really just don't see how they improve significantly in the short term. They need a real superstar which they don't have. They need to improve everything about the defense. What they have is a slightly above average goalie, one second tier star player and a bunch of grinders. That's good for 90-100 points a year and a consistent second round exit. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

except those trades werent farg ups...flyers got the better of the deals

kings are a much better overall team with a great goalie but the flyers won those trades fairly significantly

thats not to say the timing of the trades and the kings cup wins dont look embarrassing for the flyers but there isnt an intelligent flyer fan out there that wouldnt do the same deals again

Rome

Seabiscuit36

IGY is 100% correct.  Those guys were done here.  They got Voracek, Coutourier, Schenn, Simmonds.  That kind of return is amazing with the exception of how Carter gets traded to LA, and they go on to win two cups.  I'd do the trades again in a heartbeat, Both guys had burned all bridges here, and could not stay sober for a week during the playoffs, A farging week on Sober Island.  Those guys needed that wakeup call, it just would not have occured here.  That said, Richards is washed up, he's too small/weak to compete without the fire he had early on.  Carter is finally the size/speed combo without the constant float that he was here. 

As Rusty said, I'm very excited with Hextall in his position.  He was responsible for 17 of the 22 players on the roster this cup win, that's impressive.  Also, Kimmo on a one year deal.  Like it. just move Vinny for pucks
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

The Richards trade was especially good.  Simmonds and Schenn was a great return, and Richards seems to be finished as an offensive threat.

Seabiscuit36

To get Voracek and the 8th overall was a net steal.  Ah well, happy for all the ex flyers who get to drink from the Cup again.  The league could put together a team that was all former flyers cup winners at this point. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Yeah, love Voracek.  Would love to see him improve his finishing a bit - or get two finishers to split him and Giroux and form two true scoring lines.

Rome

I hope the Kings buy out Richards on a compliance deal and the Flyers sign him.  It was cause mass pandemonium and would likely prompt at least one suicide.