2013-14 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, September 30, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

hawks are middle of the road tho...and there was a time when they had a legit young talent base that at least gave some hope

the phillies completely suck and wont be good for a long time

a better comparison would probably be the raiders
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Nah, don't agree with that one at all.  It's not like the Phils are the Astros, Cubs or Mariners.  Maybe they're the Knicks (high-priced mediocre team that keeps telling their fans they have a shot every year), but the Phils have won two championships since the last time those guys did

ice grillin you

they are worse than the astros because they are still trying to win..astros have already started their rebuild....cubs the same

mariners is a legit comparison...the cano signing was as bad as it gets

MDS

the mariners at least of king and a decent pitching staff....offense is terrible but you can convince yourself that it might all come together this year or next year.

the phillies are old and devoid of talent. there is no team in baseball in a worse off place.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Psycho Ocho wore Chooch's jersey to the mound today

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you