2012 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, June 21, 2012, 11:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

2012-13 schedule released

-- Only 6 road games before Thanksgiving
-- Done all 4 games against Buffalo before Thanksgiving
-- This year's holiday trip is NJ/Ottawa/Nashville/St. Louis/Phoenix/LA/San Jose/Vancouver
-- February is 4 at home, followed by 5 on the road, followed by 5 more at home
-- End the season w/ 3 straight at home, Penguins/Senators/Rangers
-- Flyers do not visit Detroit, Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas or Anaheim
-- No visits from the Blue Jackets, Predators, Blues, Kings, Coyotes or Canucks

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Lots of trade talks.

Bobby Ryan
Parise
Nash won't waive his NTC to come here [thank god]
They're interested in Weber and Suter but don't think Suter wants to come here
Rumors they're trying to move up to the #6 pick to grab Dumba

I have a sneaky suspicion they might be talking to Toronto about Phaneuf. Just a gut feeling I have.

I get the feeling something big is going down tonight. Buh bye JVR.

SunMo

Suter flat out said he doesn't want to come here or anywhere in the East.  He wants to stay in the west.  He's a glorified Carle anyway.  Weber or gtfo.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

The players certainly dont like Phaneuf, but Burke has been in love with JVR for years.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Quote from: SunMo on June 22, 2012, 09:07:44 AM
Suter flat out said he doesn't want to come here or anywhere in the East.  He wants to stay in the west.  He's a glorified Carle anyway.  Weber or gtfo.

Suter is a better player than Carle but I think he winds up in Detroit. The rumor floating was JVR/Read/Bourdon/ 2 1sts for Weber. Whether that's bullshtein or not I don't know, but I wouldn't give up that much for him. If they took Read or one of the 1sts out of the mix then I'd be down.

Seabiscuit36

And i head JVR/Bob/20th overall for Ryan and teh 6th.  I dont see that being anywhere enough on the flyers part. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

yeah that's not anywhere close. They'd probably have to throw Read or Schenn or a 1st in to make that work and maybe more.

SunMo

sign parise and use your trade assets to get weber

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

def not for ryan....but this is the time to move read....he had his career year and his value will never be what it is now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Rumor that BOB is going to Columbus for draft picks

There's also one that Parise's rights were traded to Colorado

Seabiscuit36

so far its columbus's 2nd rounder.  Flyers are apparently still on the phones with them, so its possible they're working on a 3 way trade. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 22, 2012, 12:41:37 PM
Flyers are apparently still on the phones with them, so its possible they're working on a 3 way trade.

lol

Seabiscuit36

Its the 42nd overall and two 4th's. 

ice grillin you

what happened to the three way trade....not you sb cause i know you got that from twitter or some other message board from a supposed expert but i absolutely despise internet idiots who post shtein that they are completely clueless about just to look smart...the GM's could have been arguing over popeyes vs kfc on the phone for all anyone knows yet some douche has to suggest that theres a 3 way trade possibly in the works

i know nhl drafts picks mean dick but thats a decent little haul for that bum