2007-08 College Football Bowl Season

Started by BigEd76, December 02, 2007, 10:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Don Ho on December 03, 2007, 06:56:13 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on December 03, 2007, 02:13:33 PM
I really wanted to see Illinois in the Cap One Bowl.  Ron Zook vs the Gators would have been worth the price of admission.

Illinois going to a BCS Bowl while Florida is stuck in Orlando is a delicious case of irony, though.

that would have been sweet!  Zook vs. Florida would have been awesome.   

Blame Missouri and West Virginia.

Don Ho

please explain West Virginia to me.  i thought they were much deeper than just pat white.  i know wannstedt called the defensice game of his life but 7 fricking points!  at home!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Utah kicks off the meaningless bowl period by beating Navy 35-32

phattymatty

QuoteNevada had only sold 95 of its 6,000 allotted tickets at the beginning of the week, according to Keith Hackett, Nevada's associate athletics director. However, the Pack expect to have about 1,000 fans in Albuquerque, N.M., for today's game, Hackett said.

95, amazing

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't underestimate the importance of a fan base "traveling well".

BigEd76

Florida Atlantic wins their first bowl game

Up to 34 players not traveling for Florida State, including Xavier Lee, Caz Piurowski, Dekoda Watson, Patrick Robinson and the 3 top DTs

Don Ho

so far the bowl games have been pretty entertaining.  other than the New Mexico shutout of Nevada and last night's blowout by Texas i have been quite impressed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

mack brown's douchebag stepson trying to pick up a fumble last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOjja6KY-Q&eurl

Dillen

A bunch of good games today.

Cal vs Air Force
Clemson vs Auburn
Kentucky vs FSU
Oregon vs USF

Air Force QB's knee got blown the farg out. Wow.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

anyone watching this Fresno St./Georgia Tech game?  Some great hits so far.  34 - 21 Fresno but GT just blocked a punt and are in great field position.  Plus it's on the Blue Field at Boise.  Feel like i'm on LSD when i look at that field.

Dillen

You think Hawaii has a chance? In my bowl pick em I took Georgia with 26 confidence points. Not really sure how their defense matches up with the spread but SEC > WAC.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I won't speak on the Hawaii game until Don Ho chimes in.

Don Ho

of course everyone here is just going ape shtein over the game.  Sugar Bowl shirts and signs everywhere.  i went to the last four games of the year and i am  the first to admit that the schedule was a joke.  other than Boise St. and Fresno St. (had hopes about Nevada until that dismal performance in the New Mexico Bowl) Hawaii played no one worth a shtein - which we can thank the likes of dumbfarg Lloyd Carr, Michigan State and Purdue who all Hoydaed out as Hawaii offered home and away.  I almost decked a friend of mine the other day who was just going of that Hawaii is one of the best teams in the country and they could beat anyone.  Idiot. He wouldn't listen to my "they almost lost to the last place team in the Pac 10 (Washington)" argument. 

Hawaii is going to have to keep this thing high scoring.  I don't see the Hawaii defense stopping Georgia's running game and their speed.  Boise and Washington did a fantastic job in the first quarter of their respective games of keeping the Hawaii offense off the field - Bosie QB Tharpe showed he is no Zabranski and UW showed why they were last in the Pac 10 with their second half rollover.  If it turns into a shoot out, maybe, just maybe the Warriors can hang with Georgia.  Keep in mind that Georgia has had over a month to prepare for this offense.  I just hope Hawaii keeps it close and doesn't get blown out of New Orleans.

I do see Georgia winning but it will be closer than most are predicting:

Georgia 33
Hawaii 28

15,000+ Warrior fans are attending the game.  Spending like drunken fools in The Big Easy.   

If Hawaii wins, Mai Tais for all CF on Don Ho!

BigEd76

ha....Bowden was whining because his player got flagged for the Reggie-Bush-somersault-into-the-endzone move that everyone else is doing without getting penalized.  Even without 36 players they almost beat Kentucky.  Woodson will probably end up on the Ravens...

The real bowl games start today  :yay