2007 Soul Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, February 28, 2007, 11:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

*crickets* :paranoid

Scouts Inc Philadelphia Soul season preview
21 things to know about the 21st season of AFL

QuoteFeeling At Home In Philly: Four years ago, the Soul was worth $450,000. Now the franchise may be worth close to $32 million, according to part-owner Jon Bon Jovi. Jaworski found out how the fans felt about the Soul during its second season. After a bad first half against Dallas, boos rained down on the home team as it left the field. "That told me these fans here cared," Jaworski said. "That told me we're being taken seriously, that we aren't a novelty act anymore. That said we arrived."

The Soul will appear on ESPN seven times this season, more than any other team.

01 - BYE
02 - FRI 03/09 at Nashville -- 8PM
03 - THU 03/15 at Grand Rapids -- 7PM
04 - THU 03/22 vs Colorado -- 7PM ESPN2
05 - SUN 04/01 at New York -- 1PM
06 - MON 04/09 vs Georgia -- 7:30PM ESPN2
07 - MON 04/16 at Dallas -- 8PM ESPN2
08 - MON 04/23 at Columbus -- 7:30PM ESPN2
09 - MON 04/30 at Chicago -- 8PM ESPN2
10 - SAT 05/05 vs Kansas City -- 7PM
11 - MON 05/14 vs New York -- 7:30PM ESPN2
12 - MON 05/21 vs New Orleans -- 7:30PM ESPN2
13 - SUN 05/27 at Austin -- 4PM
14 - FRI 06/01 vs Dallas -- 7:30PM
15 - SAT 06/09 at Tampa Bay -- 7:30PM
16 - SAT 06/16 vs Columbus -- 7PM
17 - THU 06/21 vs Orlando -- 7PM

rjs246

What kind of league schedules a week 1 bye?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

The NFL did it from 1999-2001 when they had an odd number of teams.  It sucks though...

Sgt PSN

Mike(s) Golic and Greenberg will be calling a bunch of AFL games this year.  That should be entertaining.

Rome

No games in Orlando this year.  That sucks.   I wore my Eagles jersey to the game last year and got shtein thrown at me by the hillbillies in attendance all game long.

ice grillin you

arena football might actually be a worse sport than lacrosse...if thats even possible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Daniel Snyder holds the rights to any future expansion team in DC.  Would that make things more interesting for you?

Rome

How many AFL games have you attended, IGY?

ice grillin you

two...a cat i have eagle season tickets with had soul seasons the first year...they were like 19.99 for the whole year

Daniel Snyder holds the rights to any future expansion team in DC.  Would that make things more interesting for you?

lil danni holds the rights to the future of the world

Rome

I've never had a bad time at an AFL game even though I never cheer for the home team.  I'm there to get shteinfaced, look at broads in the stands, and watch pseudo-football.   It's better than working.

MURP

Quote from: rjs246 on February 28, 2007, 11:52:33 AM
What kind of league schedules a week 1 bye?

the kind where Jon Bon Jovi is an owner and is able to actually trade an autographed guitar for a player.   

ice grillin you

I've never had a bad time at an AFL game even though I never cheer for the home team.  I'm there to get shteinfaced, look at broads in the stands, and watch pseudo-football.   It's better than working.

point taken

i find it funny too that jaws is the in studio anaylst for espn and the gm of one of the teams

BigEd76

Ditka was an NBC analyst and he's a co-owner of the Chicago team that won last year's title

Diomedes

conflict of interest concerns do not apply when the interest is non existent
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

I went to one AFL game  and did have a good time.  Much better than watching on TV.  In fact, I even caught a $5 off ACME coupon from the indoor blimp thing that flies around and drops shtein.   Boy was that a letdown.