Barbaro

Started by BigEd76, May 20, 2006, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Diomedes

There's more where he came from.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

PETA will be out in droves.

Diomedes

If PETA would just campaign for the annihilation of the human race, I could like them so much better.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

once hes out of the triple crown race there no use for him anyway...glue factory....stat
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 20, 2006, 09:12:42 PM
once hes out of the triple crown race there no use for him anyway...glue factory....stat

How much ARE stud fees nowadays?  If the leg isn't so bad the horse has to be destroyed, he'll be living the good life.

ice grillin you

smarty got 30 million to go out to pasture

afleet alex 12 i believe

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I never understood why horses were killed after having bad leg injuries. Can't they just sell him to some farmer or person who owns a lot of land and wants a horse? Not that I care if they kill them, but just curious as to why a broken leg on a horse is life threatening.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 21, 2006, 02:34:33 AM
I never understood why horses were killed after having bad leg injuries. Can't they just sell him to some farmer or person who owns a lot of land and wants a horse? Not that I care if they kill them, but just curious as to why a broken leg on a horse is life threatening.

I'm not positive, but I think I remember hearing someplace that leg injuries on a horse, especially when it comes to broken bones, usually don't heal properly and the horse becomes, for lack of a better word, useless. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 21, 2006, 02:34:33 AM

Here's the best answer I came up with on a search.

JTrotter Fan

The main reason horses are put down after broken legs is blood flow issues.  They were talking about it on Fox Sports Radio last night.  If the blood flow is okay, the horse can pretty much be a stud from now on and get all the tail it wants.  If it's bad, glue.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

BigEd76

Surgery today revealed a 3rd broken bone and a dislocated ankle...

Eagles76ersFan

The real problem here is that I bet the money that my wife wanted to use to buy (ugly) furniture with on this horse.

Diomedes

Quote from: Eagles76ersFan on May 21, 2006, 05:42:02 PM
The real problem here is that I bet the money that my wife wanted to use to buy (ugly) furniture with on this horse.

Ha, ha!!