Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Marshall is a guy I'd gladly take on a 1 or 2 yr deal.  Still productive, strong veteran presence, and a solid personality that fans would likely gravitate to and appreciate. 

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 03, 2017, 12:45:36 AM
and a solid personality that fans would likely gravitate to and appreciate.

You're joking about this part right? He's had domestic violence issues, punched a woman in the face at a nightclub, and was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. He also has borderline personality disorder, meaning he's unstable. Granted he's been a good sport the last two seasons, and he is still a very good WR, but he comes with plenty of baggage.

QB Eagles

He can still contribute to a team like the Eagles where the WRs are garbage, but he fell off bigtime last season. Some of that was the Jets QB situation, but part of it was Marshall losing a step or two.

Rome

A geriatric Brandon Marshall is better than anyone on the Eagles.  Baggage or not - he'd be a no brainer if the money was right. 

PhillyPhreak54

Loved him coming out of college and I'd take him here

smeags

culture smulture. sign the mofo.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 03, 2017, 11:31:12 AM
Loved him coming out of college and I'd take him here

I loved him more.  Hands off, bitch. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 03, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

You're joking about this part right? He's had domestic violence issues, punched a woman in the face at a nightclub, and was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. He also has borderline personality disorder, meaning he's unstable. Granted he's been a good sport the last two seasons, and he is still a very good WR, but he comes with plenty of baggage.

i dont want the guy just cause hes old and belongs on a team that is on the cusp of a title and he might put them over the top not a rebuilding team years away...but he hasnt had an off the field incident in like 6 or 7 years i think...one he was diagnosed with his problem and put on proper medicine and therapy he has overcome his demons has done a complete 180...thats the kind of guy id want on my team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I'd like a guy who can catch the ball when it's thrown in his direction and preferably one who can still run a bit.  He can do both.   GET. 

ice grillin you

hes 33...he might be done now who knows...but he will be on sunday countdown before the eagles are even sniffing a superbowl

he needs to go to seattle dallas or green bay

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 03, 2017, 12:40:32 PM
Quote from: SD on March 03, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

i dont want the guy just cause hes old and belongs on a team that is on the cusp of a title and he might put them over the top not a rebuilding team years away...but he hasnt had an off the field incident in like 6 or 7 years i think...one he was diagnosed with his problem and put on proper medicine and therapy he has overcome his demons has done a complete 180...thats the kind of guy id want on my team

Yeah, I don't think he's had any issues since Denver, or maybe early on in Chicago. I just know that since he started getting help for his mental issues he's been a top notch person to go along with his playing ability. 

Obviously it would be more than ideal from his perspective to go to a team that's going to compete for a chip, so I don't know that the Eagles would be an attractive option for him. But if younger players like Cooks or Alshon end up elsewhere, he'd still be a solid option to fall back on.  I wasn't advocating for him to be a top priority for the Eagles, but he's a player I've liked for quite a while and definitely wouldn't be upset if he ended up in Philly.

Rome

Philly is a perfect fit for him.  He'd automatically be the number 1 guy and he'd have a young quarterback that is salivating to have a legit receiver to throw to.  I know Wentz loves him some Jordan Matthews but come on.

He'd be a great stop gap for them until they can actually draft a guy like him.

ice grillin you

you do not want 33 year old brandon marshall as your number 1 guy...i would literally rather have jordan matthwes cause at least theres the hope that he can form some sort of long term chemistry with your young qb....marshall makes no sense on any level

Rome

Is there a part of stop gap that you're unclear about?

rjs246

Cooks, Marshall, Matthews. Two young WRs for Wentz to grow with and one talented headcase veteran WR to teach him about the bullshtein he'll have to deal with in the pros.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.