Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

To say this is stupid is an insult to stupidity in general.  We might as well be saying he wasn't REALLY an Eagle because he farging played in the USFL before he got to Philly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJVKk03mA4

He's an Eagle.  He's the best player in franchise history.  The end.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 12, 2012, 05:36:42 PM
You poll 100 Eagles fans on their Mount Rushmore and Reggie White will overwhelmingly make the list [just look at this thread for example]

i dont disagree...fans are always gonna try and say someone is theres if its a 50/50 thing....which is why if you asked packer fans theyed all say hes a packer....i just cant put someone up there who could go either way....i want a 100% no doubt eagle...but again i totally get why he could be up there

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2012, 05:54:33 PM
To say this is stupid is an insult to stupidity in general.  We might as well be saying he wasn't REALLY an Eagle because he farging played in the USFL before he got to Philly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJVKk03mA4

He's an Eagle.  He's the best player in franchise history.  The end.

its not who you think is the greatest player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont have a problem with reggie as 1 of the 4, but as 1 its ridiculous

when you think of concrete or bdawk you think philly, then you think eagles.

when you think reggie you think of god, winning a sb with the packers and later on down the list is oh yea he was awesome on the eagles early in his career.

most talented eagle ever? sure. i can buy that.

but if you are picking one person to represent the franchise, the city and the history you cant possibly go with him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 04:18:33 PM
when you say reggie white people think of him either lifting his helmet up during the packers sb win or saying god told him to sign with gb

False. This is what younguns think because they never saw him in an Eagles uni.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 06:13:31 PM
blah

blah

blah

you cant possibly go with him.

Yeah, I really can.  See, he's the best player in franchise history.  If the sole criterion is longevity or only playing in the NFL as an Eagle, then obviously it can't be him.

But if being the greatest player to ever wear the uniform is the sole criterion, he's the man.

So farg off.

MDS

im pretty sure mt rushmore isnt exclusively about ones talent...but i can see where this is going and im gonna go ahead and make fun of jerome brown for dying

learn to drive a car, idiot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

I'm pretty sure Mount Rushmore is about legendary US Presidets so let's not take this conversation so seriously, ok mongoloids?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Since its about Philly Sports, maybe we should call it Mt Nextyear.

charlie

Since it's about the Eagles, it should be Mt Passmore

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

"In Philly, it's not about who you are, it's about what you do for us," Iguodala says. "You could be the worst person in the world, but if you score a lot of points or win a championship, you can murder somebody."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Go win a championship for us Andre and then you can start killing people.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

BigEd76