2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I'm leaning towards Smith over Stecker in my league, too. But it's so hard to trust the Chiefs. The only silver lining is Detroit has clearly given up and Herm is such a bad coach that he will run 25 times a game unless his team is down by 30.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

I'm down by 60 with LT left. So congrats to Sun's gay brother. Sun if you wanna send me 15 and the other 5 to igy, that'll be great.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhanInDC

I started MJD and Kolby Smith in my money league, against Sarge's advice. It worked out to be a push. In my league Smith scored 18.5 points, Taylor 17.2. Portis, who I never had any intention of playing against the Vikings in Minnesota, posted just over 30 points. Regardless, I go into tonight's game with him starting L.T. and me with Jason Elam left, I'm up by 45.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PPinDC on December 21, 2007, 09:53:03 AM
I'm thinking about breaking one of the unwritten rules of Fantasy Football in my money league championship. I've got to pick two RBs:

Kolby Smith @ DET
Jones-Drew vs. OAK
Fred Taylor vs. OAK
Portis @ MIN

I'm probably going with Kolby Smith vs. DET and MJD vs. OAK. It's a PPR league, and MJD cathces passes, and gets all the goal line looks. Even with Taylor being hot, MJD is pretty much going to get me 15 points each week. Taylor has been churning out yards, but he isn't a TD machine also he's caught a grand total of two passes in the last four games. I'm really cotemplating starting both Taylor and MJD against Oakland's piss poor run defense.

So much for my thought that Portis wouldn't do much against Minn.  He put up 25 pts on yahoo.  Hopefully you started any combo between MJD, Portis and Taylor.  

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

Thanks to Stecker, I won both of my Super Bowls in my money leagues this weekend.  That's a cool $2,000.  Saaaaahweet.

rjs246

I'm in an 8-player franchise league. Right now my keepers are:
McNabb
Bulger
Gerrard
Plaxico Burress
Lee Evans (or Donald Driver)
Marshawn Lynch
Stephen Jackson
Willis McGahee

Obviously I don't need 3 QBs so I'm entertaining an offer for Gerrard that looks like this:

Brandon Marshall
2008 2nd round pick
*conditional 2009 2nd round pick
2008 box of Cap'n Crunch (note the correct spelling)

* If David Gerrard finishes with a passer rating >= 95.0 and plays in >= 12 games

Am I getting enough here? A guaranteed extra draft pick (a high one at that) as well as a rising star at receiver is tempting. But with Javon Walker returning next year I don't know how indicative Marshall's season really is of his future production.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

holy shtein you have incentive clauses in your fantasy trades?  you are a mega nerd.

rjs246

I know, right! It farging rules. A never-ending keeper/franchise league.

Also this site that we're using kicks ass and is free. Actually, it looks like shtein, but the features are pretty dope.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

what is the site?

oh and you should keep gerrard and trade bulger.  he's done.

rjs246

I agree about Bulger/Gerrard, but the dude has no interest and he should still be a decent #2 next season.

The site is actually fantasyfootball.washintonpost.com and is powered by some company called 'fleaflicker'. Anyway, I don't know if they have a tour of the site and features or whatever, but check it out. Might use it for the balloon knot next year.

Let them eat bootstraps.