2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i have not an in fact have heard the opposite that they like betts at the goal line more...and portis in open space to hit the home run...something betts with much less speed cant do nearly as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Here's another thing, Betts has fumble issues as well, and I would imagine that would limit his touches in the red zone. Anyway....

I'll find out Sunday if I have shtein to trade. If Portis gets 20 or less touches, he's worthless, at least for awhile.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

portis scares me because of his injuires not splitting time...if hes healthy then hes easily better than betts and his touches will show that

PhillyPhanInDC

Getting an early jump.

Running back problem....

Jones-drew vs. Atlanta is my only lock starter.

Here are the options:

Portis vs. the Birds (I like this one best)

Larry Johnson vs. the Bears (Looked like ass against Houston, do I bench my first pick??)

Chris Brown vs. Indy (Monster game, is he the clear cut number one in TEN?)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

I don't know if I'd lock Jones Drew in automatically.  He only carried the ball for 32 yards this week.  Granted, he only had like 7 touches which gives him a 4.2 ypc average, but still.  He was less than spectacular last week. 

Portis vs the Birds is a lock.  You have to play him because even in the Eagles bounce back from last week, I don't see them blowing out the Skins so Portis should still see carries late in the game.  Especially if they're winning. 

LJ is the type of back that you'd normally start every week regardless of who he's facing.  However, aside from the fact that he looked terrible against the Texans, Herm Edwards said that he's going to make it a point to closely monitor LJ's touches this year so that he doesn't carry the ball 400+ times again.  He only got 10 carries last week in a game that was close until the 3rd qtr.  Factor that plus he's playing the Bears.  We saw what they did to LT.  I might stay away from LJ this week. 

Chris Brown scares me but I think I'd go with him.  He seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder last week and may continue to do so knowing that Lendale White is fighting for more carries.  Plus, I don't think Indy's defense, while improved, isn't as good as advertised last week. 

Stallworth Supporter

A trade was proposed to me today.  I've been mulling it for over an hour. 

I was offered Deuce McAllister and Calvin Johnson for Edgerrin James.

Now, i already have Steve Smith and Roy Williams at WR and I have Marion Barber at the flex W/R position.  My other RB is Gore. 

Any good insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Stallworth Supporter

Starters are:

McNabb
Steve Smith
Roy Williams
Gore
Edge
Barber III
Shockey
Rackers
New England

Bench:

Chris Brown
Leinart
K. Curtis
Stokley
Jerry Porter
Horn
D. Bowe & a few more

SunMo

i wouldn't do that deal

you're locked in with your first two wideout position and running back positions, you have a very good flex in barber because he gets goal line carrier, but you also have options there with brown and curtis.  you'd be downgrading your running back position to marginally upgrade your flex position.  i don't think it's worth it.

i think edge is going to have a good year this year.  they gave him a fullback and the cardinals line looks better and arizona looks committed to the run.

just my opinion, but i wouldn't do that deal.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Stallworth Supporter

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

the deal isnt that bad considering the fact that Marion Barber is a beast out there running the ball and looks a hell of alot better than Julius Jones. Theres a great chance he gets majority of the carries.

Edge looked great against the 49ers, and he should 1st game of season against the 49ers, but as he starts getting pounded the next 3-5 games, he wont look so fast as you might see with the upcoming opponents. I mean, dont lose fact they are the Cardinals and did little to improve their O-line from last year

With the receivers, now you have a legit WR2 or possible starter in Johnson that you didnt have. Not to mention you have no bench worth a start. This also gives you a RB in Deuce that can produce evenly with that of James if not in yards, then TD's. The Saints offense will have more scoring opps.

Id take it while James' vaule is high right now

ice grillin you

Quote from: PPinDC on September 11, 2007, 05:27:20 PM
Running back problem....

Here are the options:

Portis vs. the Birds (I like this one best)

Larry Johnson vs. the Bears (Looked like ass against Houston, do I bench my first pick??)

Chris Brown vs. Indy (Monster game, is he the clear cut number one in TEN?)

brown is def out as the colts are gonna have a huge lead all game which will limit carries for brown

portis is a good play but im with you on how the hell do you validate benching your #1 pick in week 2...i just couldnt do that and would go with lj

Tomahawk

I wouldn't start LJ, regardless of the round he was drafted. The matchups favor Portis and Jones-Drew.

In a keeper league, I got screwed out of my keeper QB bulger so now I'm left with the option of:

Kitna vs. MIN
Favre vs. NYG

PhillyPhanInDC

Minny's defense is for real.

Did you see the way Romo threw all over the Giants? No brainer there....