2006 fantasy football who to start thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 01, 2006, 12:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philly_Crew

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 01, 2006, 12:46:41 PM
yo chief....trying to decide in june who the 9th rated TE is...is not comparable to choosing who to put in your starting line up for a particular week

anyway i think ill go with the advice and do bryant for all the reasons mentioned..im just scared that alex smith is gonna put up an 11-26, 145, 3 int game

the problem here is i am out of town for the next nine days with limited to no computer access for most of  the time...so i have to make a decision now with the possibility that i wont be able to change it

Antonio Bryant.  Should be a high scoring game.

mpmcgraw

Should I start the Chargers defense against the Raiders or the Panthers defense against the Falcons?  :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mpmcgraw on September 05, 2006, 05:31:06 PM
Should I start the Chargers defense against the Raiders or the Panthers defense against the Falcons?  :paranoid

You shouldn't have two defenses.

mpmcgraw

PhillyPhreak54

I'd go with the Chargers. They're playing Oakland.

Aaron Brooks is the QB.

MURP

reese125

both are well above par in the sacks column, but the Panthers have to chase Vick around, so getting sacks might be tough. turnovers/INT might be there on both QB's

answer: EVEN....your fine with either (unless you playing yards allowed as points), then I go Carolina

PhillyPhanInDC

Okay, first week is always a bitch to pick starters. Here goes:
(TEs can fill a WR spot, but don't have to be played. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs/TEs, 1 K, 1 DST)

This is who I have slotted to play now:

QB: Tom Brady @ BUF

RB: Tiki Barber @ IND

RB: Frank Gore @ ARI

WR: Chris Chambers @ PIT

WR: Torry Holt @ DEB

WR: Matt Jones @ DAL

K: Neil Rackers @ SF

DST: Tampa Bay @ BAL

Here's who's I have riding the pine:

QB: Dante Culpeper @ PIT

RB: Chris Brown @ NYJ

RB: Kevin Jones @ SEA

RB: Vernand Morency @ PHI

WR: Braylon Edwards @ NO

TE: Chris Cooley @ MIN

TE: Ben Watson @ BUF

DST: taterskins @ MIN

I am back and forth on the WRs mainly. I think Matt Jones could have a great game, but Dallas' D is far and away better than who Braylon Edwards is facing in New Orleans. Edwards is supposed to get "significant" playing time, but is coming back from an injury. Also, I am intrigued by Ben Watson, who had a sick preseason, and with no Deion Branch and Doug Gabriel not ready, he could have a huge game. Thoughts?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

for one, a fresh Chris Brown is a good one. got to get him while hes healthy because he has proven hes a grinder when healthy...the key word "proven" unlike Gore--who is overrated--the guy had one good game last year. I like him against a week Jets run D week 1 regardless of the Henry situation

and your right on...take Matt Jones out and get Watson in there. Bradys main target who gets yards and red zone freak. Braylon Edwards has done nothing to warrant a starting role yet on fantasy rosters, so stay clear until he proves otherwise

Diomedes

Quote from: mpmcgraw on September 05, 2006, 05:31:06 PMShould I start the Chargers defense against the Raiders or the Panthers defense against the Falcons?

Panthers.

• They didn't just lose a starting LB to gunshots, and their focus to the ensuing media storm.
  • The Falcons offense is all ground.  The Panthers can stock the box with nine men and rest easy 7/10 times.  Of those other three, most will go incomplete.  Just watch Crumpler.  Altanta don't have a serious passing threat because they don't have a quarterback, and their WRs aren't much.
  • Carolina is playing at home, San Diego is not.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Dio's an Aaron Brooks fan. That's why he says start CAR.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125