The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

my point is that the rioting & looting always clouds the real issue so they are doing the victim a dis-service.

has it even been determined that this was murder ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

No, the cop shot an unarmed kid 8-10 times in self defense.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

yeah i know what happened and it sounds pretty farging bad but when the rioting starts and iceholes like "annonymous" start posting wrong names of police officers they claim did this it does not help anything.

General_Failure

You know what would help it? Any kind of punishment for the cop that did it. Any kind of sign from the people in charge that justice is a thing that might happen at some point. Anything that isn't breaking in the military gear they spent a fortune on, shutting down the airspace above town, and arresting the farging media for no reason.

smeags

Quote from: General_Failure on August 14, 2014, 04:10:14 PM
You know what would help it? Any kind of punishment for the cop that did it. Any kind of sign from the people in charge that justice is a thing that might happen at some point. Anything that isn't breaking in the military gear they spent a fortune on, shutting down the airspace above town, and arresting the farging media for no reason.

hard to do that while dealing with riots which is my point. both sides need to step back.

rjs246

Quote from: General_Failure on August 14, 2014, 04:10:14 PM

Amen.

And no, both sides do not need to step back. The police need to de-escalate, investigate, apologize and make amends. Period. This is their mess.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

bullshtein, both sides do need to step back, meaning the cops and the scumbags taking advantage of a sad situation.

the protestors can keep on voicing their disgust. i have zero issue with them at all. more power to them.

rjs246

I don't give one flying ratfarg about the Ferguson Police and how hard they have made their job for the foreseeable future. They made this mess, they need to make it right. The end. I'd rather people not loot and riot but I don't blame them one bit. The Watchmen have attacked and killed one of their own in cold blood. Well all like to talk big about the things we would do if someone did this or that to our loved ones. Well, here you have it. The rules of society were broken by the very people tasked with enforcing them and keeping the people safe. So farg them. The more they escalate and militarize this situation the more I hope every last motherfarger in the country descends upon them to loot and riot and farg up their world. It's no more than they deserve.

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

who has said anything about feeling bad about the ferguson police dept ??? i could give shteins about them. the rioting and looting only hurts the local community in the end not the cops.

rjs246

Sure. If you're talking about the end result, it doesn't do any good. But that isn't what riots are about. Riots are never about some sort of long-term planning. This is a reaction to an injustice. Are you saying that the people should be expected to calmly wait out the process of administering justice to a police officer who will be investigated by his own people in his own department? farg that noise. Never happen. I'm surprised there hasn't been more violence, frankly.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

St. Louis police chief says he does not support militarized tactics in Ferguson

QuoteTerry Kennedy, alderman of the city's 18th Ward, emailed Dotson on Wednesday night to discourage him from sending city police officers into Ferguson. A copy of the email exchange was posted on Twitter.

Kennedy wrote: "The possibility of having St. Louis Police Department personnel present with the Ferguson Police in what appears to be a racially-charged and possibly discriminating environment could make it appear that the St. Louis Police Department supports racial discrimination and disenfranchisement."

Dotson's response: "I agree and removed our tactical assistance. We did not send tactical resources to Ferguson on Tuesday or Wednesday. Our only assistance was that of four traffic officers to help divert traffic and keep both pedestrians and motorists safe. On Thursday we will have no officers assisting Ferguson."

St. Louis alderman released from jail, plus a ton of tiny articles thrown together.

Eventually, way down the page,
QuoteSt. Louis Alderman Antonio French emerged Thursday morning from a night in jail after his arrest at the Ferguson protests to say that the police officers' "heavy-handed" approach on the streets is making the situation worse.

French said police pulled him from his car Wednesday night and arrested him. Police say he didn't listen to their orders to disperse. Police gave him no documentation that says why he was arrested. He was released about 7 a.m. today without having to post any bail.

French said he should never have been locked up, nor should the dozen or so others at the jail overnight.

"Inside that jail is nothing but peacekeepers," he said. "They rounded up the wrong people ... reverends, young people organizing the peace effort."

Diomedes

I'd just like to add this comment:  to those claiming that the best way to improve community relations in situations like this one---majority minority population/(super)majority white police---is to add more minority officers:

No. 

Cops aren't white, or black, they're blue.

The problem is much deeper and pervasive and adding a few browner skinned cops to the roster ain't gonna solve it.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on August 14, 2014, 02:14:44 PM
i'm all for protesting and usually hate cops in general but most non-media first person accounts seem to be saying that the people of ferguson are doing peaceful protests but the little town is being run through by people coming from st. louis to loot and burn shtein. out of 70 people arrested last night, 0 were from ferguson. that doesn't help anyone.

to this point....michael brown was fergusons first murder of the year

Quote from: rjs246 on August 14, 2014, 03:39:58 PM

Sure that's fair. The powerful have always taken advantage of the powerless. But there are some lines that people will not tolerate being crossed. That's when rioting and looting and civil unrest happen.

a lot of people need to look at a larger picture as well...riots dont normally happen because of one incident...la riots were more about years and years of systematic abuse by the lapd...not because of the rodney king verdict...i dont know much about ferguson, mo but I suspect the killing was this teen was the straw that broke the camels back....also remember this follows trayvon martin and and eric garner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Seems like the police apparently have toned down a bit today. Smart on their part.

And I agree with the fact that the FPD made this mess and they need to handle it and deal with the consequences of their still unnamed officers murderous action.

The fact that they're not releasing his name and that they were so standoffish doesn't look good on their part.

Wait until it comes out and he's either not charged with murder or charged and found not guilty...you know it's gonna happen