The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

QuoteA suspected sex offender recently featured on CNN's "The Hunt" with John Walsh was killed today while police were attempting to arrest him on child molestation charges, according to two New York City law enforcement sources.

Two U.S. marshals and a New York City police officer were also wounded during the attempted arrest, a law enforcement official said.

Charles Mozdir, 32, had been sought since June 2012

hope the officers' are ok but good job.  :yay
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

QuotePresident Barack Obama announced stepped-up U.S. sanctions as he criticized Russia for supporting separatists in Ukraine.

"If Russia continues on its current path, the cost on Russia will continue to grow," Obama said.

Earlier Tuesday, the European Union agreed to impose new economic and military trade sanctions on Russia as escalating fighting in Ukraine prevented investigators from getting to the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash site.

take that putin.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Remember when you were a kid and you didn't see your parents all summer long until the street lights went on?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

hbionic

From Christians, to Muslims, to Jews, to Athiests....except for the Buddhists. All they do is sit there.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: hbionic on August 11, 2014, 05:00:59 PM
From Christians, to Muslims, to Jews, to Athiests....except for the Buddhists. All they do is sit there.

hbionic

Rome

Diomedes

I recently learned that that album is universally considered to be the pinnacle of music recording..it's routinely used to test the fidelity of recordings from all genres, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on August 11, 2014, 07:16:07 PM
I recently learned that that album is universally considered to be the pinnacle of music recording..it's routinely used to test the fidelity of recordings from all genres, etc.

Dio, please elaborate...my 8-bit processor of a brain is not quite getting how it is used to 'test the fidelity of recordings'.

Rome

hbionic

Diomedes

from the wikipedia entry for the album:

QuoteThe album is known for its high production values, which are almost to the strictest audiophile standards. Some audiophile sites and magazines even go as far as using the album—in particular the song "Take the Power Back"—to test amplifiers and speakers.[14]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger