The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

QuoteA 10-year-old boy has been arrested and two other young boys were being sought in a home invasion robbery during which a woman was beaten and had a potted plant thrown into her face in the Juniata Park section, police said.

The other boys are said to be 7 years old and 12 years old.

Police responding to a call of a person screaming about 5:50 p.m. found the 50-year-old victim on the 1200 block of Luzerne Street.

She told police she was sleeping in her room in the rear of the residence when the boys entered and started beating her with sticks, rocks and a rope.

When she got out of the bed, one of the boys threw a potted plant in her face, police said. The intruders ransacked the room and fled with a purse containing $20.

The woman suffered cuts to the nose and lips, bruising to her legs, and pain in her chest and head, police said.

The 10-year-old reportedly is a neighbor of the victim.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Underground sect found after nearly a decade in Russia's Kazan

QuoteSeventy members of an Islamist sect who have been living in an underground bunker without heat or sunlight for nearly a decade have been discovered living on the outskirts of the city of Kazan in Russia, local media reported.

The sect members included 20 children, the youngest of whom had just turned 18 months. Many of them were born underground and had never seen daylight until the prosecutors discovered their dwelling on August 1 and sent them for health checks.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

Sgt PSN

Maybe the Eagles will sign one of them to play quarterback. 

Eagaholic

with a wit and wisdom Todd Akin could only dream of

QuoteBy NBC News wire services

NEW YORK -- A New York priest says he "deeply regrets" if he hurt anyone by his comments that priests accused of child sex abuse are often seduced by their accusers and that a first-time offender should not go to jail.

The Rev. Benedict Groeschel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal apologized Thursday for the comments he made in an interview with the National Catholic Register, published this week. The conservative, independent Register removed the story from its website and posted an apology for publishing the comments. Groeschel and the friars did as well.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

QuoteMy step-father is allergic to cats, as is my grandmother. My coltfriend doesnt want a cat right now, seeing as we're both living with his father. I have two. They're both well-behaved darlings. I have serious depression, and can't bear to lose them to some stranger. I plan on getting my own place within a year and a half. I know this is an odd, somewhat out there request, but please, hear me out. Would anypony in my area be willing to foster them until I'm able to take them back? I would love to still be able to come see them. Rusty is a neutered male, orange tabby/Egyptian mau, Rosie is a spayed female tabby/calico. They're both three years old (Rusty was born April 15th, Rosie was born August 9th). Up to date on their shots. Can anypony help me?

coltfriend...anypony...

the crazy is strong with this one
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

My wife's aunt will go on and on about wanting to be buried with her cats.  She wants her ashes spread with the feline dustbowls, and then spread out somewhere.  She hasn't figured out the end game yet. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-tom-cruise-scientology-wife-audition-haggis,0,3843713.story

Seriously, how creepy are these freaks?    More to the point how the farg can anyone of sound mind become involved with them?

Horrifying cults should NOT be considered churches either.

Diomedes

But seriously, what's the difference between a cult and a religion?  I mean, who makes that call?

Have you boned up on Mormonism?  Pretty goddamn cultish.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

All religions are repressive in one way or another but you're right Dio.   It is a fine line that is getting harder to differentiate.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 03, 2012, 09:03:10 PM
But seriously, what's the difference between a cult and a religion?  I mean, who makes that call?

Have you boned up on Mormonism?  Pretty goddamn cultish.

I had this argument with a conservative over the weekend:
Me: You know Romney isn't a Christian...right?
Them: What do you mean?
Me: He's Mormon, they don't believe in the immaculate conception and think God lives on a planet called Kolob
Them: Well they have Christian ideals
Me: So does Obama
Them: He isn't a true Christian

Geowhizzer

Still run into people who are adamant that Obama is Muslim, public proclamations aside.