The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8716305

This shtein happened a few blocks from my work today. Dude is loitering around an apartment complex and is asked to leave. What does he do? Well like any normal folk he shoots the security guard and the maintenance man and then runs down the street while slipping rounds off at cops and fire trucks.

He then carjacks a lady at another complex and engages in a longer shootout with the cops. He doesn't go high speed chase but rather low speed while periodically backing up to slam into cop cars.

They eventually snuffed him out at a red light after he plowed into five cars.

This happened along a major highway and the traffic was beyond brutal.

Just another day in good ol' H-Town.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Not only could Zimmerman walk, but he could actually make money for murder
QuoteZimmerman created a website for his legal defense that raised $135,000 at the time of his first bond hearing, prosecutors said.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned that might already have been...When you look at pics of Zimmerman, and then pics of 17 year old Martin, how can anyone think that Martin had Zimmerman on the ground beating his head against concrete? I mean, no matter how tall the kid was, he was only 17 years old. His arms look to be about as big around as my ankles. Also, supposedly Zimmerman had undergone law enforcement training. It just doesn't add up.

The worst part about this case and cases like it, is we only get to hear one side of the story. And now, with all this crap about Zimmerman and his wife lying about money, how can you believe anything this guy says? He's already proven that he'll lie to a judge, even before he goes to court.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Guys-who-like-My-Little-Pony-gather-for-BronyCon-3677174.php

QuoteLike many "Bronies" — boys and men who like the cartoon "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"— the 25-year-old college student turned out over the weekend for "BronyCon Summer 2012" at the Meadowlands Exposition Center, which drew 4,000 men, women, boys and girls, many in colorful wigs and costumes.

"I thought about what people would say. 'It's creepy. It's weird. It's a ... show for little girls,'" said Fjordbotten, from Staten Island, N.Y. "It's just a great show ... the story line, the plot, the beautiful animation."

Bronies say they're a misunderstood lot who've gotten a bad rap from the media. They're all about the show, friendship, love and tolerance, and they have no bad intentions, they say.

"I discovered that there's nothing to be ashamed of being a Brony," said 19-year-old James Penna of Mastic in Long Island, N.Y. "People are into what they're into."

PhillyPhreak54

Five people just got shot about two blocks from my apartment at a Taco Cabana.

Drug deal gone bad.

H-Town baby!!

hbionic

One more H-Town story and you officially get your own thread and become the official :CF Houston-based anchor/journalist/mcnabblover.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

being that it was you writing, my eyes automatically saw the third from last letter in your post as a "w" and it was funnier that way.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on July 03, 2012, 04:08:04 PM
being that it was you writing, my eyes automatically saw the third from last letter in your post as a "w" and it was funnier that way.

GF, can we (you) make this happen?

General_Failure

No, because it took me too long to figure out

a) He was talking about your post
b) He didn't mean McNabb Lower

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

McNabb Lower? even better...no one on earth will know what that means, including us.

phattymatty

watch this dude eat any thing and everything. condoms, deodorant, pencils, glue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shoenice22/videos

god i love the internet.

General_Failure

That guy got banned from the King of the Web competition a couple weeks ago. I think it was a combination of scamming people for money and racist/women-bashing rants.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

@NeedADebitCard is Trending....  Time for mass sterilization
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons