The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 15, 2010, 12:06:05 PM
Morons who got out of jail too soon and acquired said guns too easily do?

its only a :CF theory at this point.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

lurking wierdo

Quote from: shorebird on October 30, 2010, 10:27:09 AM
I feel you, sometimes I have to walk away from my daughter to keep from wringing her neck. The one time I lost my cool enough to grab a handful of hair I ended up in court for abuse. But that was a smartmouthed know it all 17 year old. A defenseless little baby is another thing entirely.

That brings up another subject of "what the farg is wrong with this world". Discipline for kids. I know there are kids that get beat, and I'm not talking about a spanking. Some kids get brought up in a war zone. But I'm just talking about discipline. It's been taken entirely out of our school systems. Kids know that they can do or say pretty much anything they want and as long as they are considered a juvenile, theres next to nothing that you can do, and they know it, and they use it. It's like the grandmother in Florida who was locked up for smacking her grandaughter when she used the F-word in front of her. If I talked to my parents the way my daughter does I'd have been picking my teeth up off the ground. So they run wild doing whatever they want, saying whatever they want. Some kids like my boy are smart enough to know they don't know everything and they listen. When they don't listen, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, and those kids are the ones who learn the hard way.

Kids use the system. They don't want to go to school so they just hook, or they cuss a teacher, start a fight, whatever. The punishment of getting suspended is exactly what they want. They start drinking and smoking at 13, 14, 15 years old and if you find out about it but what do you do? One of my neighbors tried to ground his kid and keep him indoors. The result was the kid kicking doors, grabbing a golf club and knocking out windows, and when the Dad grabbed him and threw him to the ground here comes the cops and social services. Oh no, busting up your house? Don't matter, you can't put hands on your kids. It's abusive. Then they wonder whats the matter with the kid, and put him in counseling while the Dad is up on charges. You get put between a rock and a hard place because you love your kids and don't want to see them throw their lives away at such an early age. You try and talk to them and it goes in one ear and out the other. Diplomacy isn't a option, because they know they can do what they want and farg you. Take away internet access or cell phone? Better be ready for the repercussions.

I'm not saying all kids are like this, but there are those who know they can get away with just about anything and nothing is going to happen to them.
My second son (now 22) pushed it with me one time. I slapped him pretty good a few times in the mouth. He thought he would teach me a lesson and call the police. Luckily, I got a good cop. He listened to both sides separately and told my boy "I am gonna hold you still so your father can get a few more good slaps in". He then informed my son that it wasn't illegal to smack a juvenille with an open hand. Now I don't know if that is legal or not, but it sure helped put the fear of God into him. My daughter, was a whole different set of problems. My father who was a wise old guy told me "once they get to be teenagers, all you can do is lecture and hope it takes hold eventually". It seems in hindsight, he was right.

Diomedes

anyone know a prisoner in CT with nothing to live for?  if so, send him this article and let him know the Internets will compensate him with all the cigarettes he can smoke if he'll just waste this one guy asap

thanks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gLk4dFEMQUjI2-XKYd4IzMQ3lV1A?docId=f256dd857e7d460fb3437a211b93e305
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

if you'll include the atty who took this case i'll see what i can do.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Some of the things that make the American legal system the best in the world also make it abhorrent.  For every 100 frivolous civil suits wasting time and resources, there are 1 or 2 really important ones.  For every 100 convicted criminals tying up the the appeals process, 1 or 2 were actually wrongfully convicted.  The problem is that if you don't allow them all to hit the process, you do such a severe injustice to the minority of cases that it completely undoes any good the system does.

Still, that guy should clearly die, preferably bleeding out by having his rectum obliterated with a broomstick.

smeags

that would be an injutice to the broomstick but it's a sacrifice i'd be willing to make.

PoopyfaceMcGee

True, let's make it a recyclable plastic broomstick so as not to waste natural resources.  I like where your head's at.

smeags

PoopyfaceMcGee

speaking of government/legal system issues...

This guy sounds like a winner:
QuoteAfter a long, complicated tax dispute with the Town of Redding, two of her eight-and-a-half acres were foreclosed upon and sold to Daniel Torcio.

Her driveway happens to be on that land. Torcio has now chained it off, put in obstructions and dug a trench.

TAKE THAT, POOR OLD CANCER PATIENT!  JUST TRY TO GET THROUGH MY TRENCH!

smeags

btw - just wanted to give a shout out to the genius that decided shutting down flowers mil rd, trenton rd and bristol/oxford valley rd all at the same time through the holiday season to make repairs.

great farging idea in an already overly congested area.  :boo

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on November 15, 2010, 12:27:33 PM
anyone know a prisoner in CT with nothing to live for?  if so, send him this article and let him know the Internets will compensate him with all the cigarettes he can smoke if he'll just waste this one guy asap

thanks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gLk4dFEMQUjI2-XKYd4IzMQ3lV1A?docId=f256dd857e7d460fb3437a211b93e305

I know the parents of this kid are grieving and whatnot, but this was a pretty ludacris statement to make:

Quote"I just think it's crazy that they have the ability to do this behind bars," she said. "I think inmates have too many rights. They're the ones who committed the crimes, not us. And we're the ones who suffer more."

Freddie hit the nail on the head.  Yeah, it does suck when people do shtein like this but it doesn't suck that they have the ability to.  Like it or not, inmates are still still US Citizens and are protected by the Constitution.  And at the end of the day, Constitutional Rights are pretty much the only thing an inmate has to cling to at the end of the day.  Well, that and the soap. 

smeags

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 15, 2010, 01:10:33 PM
And at the end of the day, Constitutional Rights are pretty much the only thing an inmate has to cling to at the end of the day.  Well, that and the soap. 

and cable t.v. plus all the salad tossing a person could ever wish for.

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk