Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2007, 09:51:54 AM
im not down with moroccan food but 'chicken pie' sound delicious

*Insert igy is black joke here*

Diomedes

it's too refined and upscale for him.  he's a half price TGIF burger guy through and through
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

actually i hate fridays dunny...but ill do a half price appeteaser every once in a while and ill def do $2 beers

im just not down with chick peas and crap like that...bird food
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

I believe there is a place called marrakesh off of south street in philly. Was there years ago.

The food was ok...but the only problem i have with moroccan places is that it takes so friggin long to eat.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

my local pizza place makes a great white pizza, loaded with broccoli, tomato, and gobs of ricotta cheese with just enough garlic...wonderful
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

mussa

Had a succulent 9oz filet mignon wrapped in bacon friday at Long Horn Steak House.  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Longhorn is okay, as long as your expectations aren't too high.  They're steaks can be okay, but I've never had one there that was actually great.

rjs246

I ate Sloppy Joe's and Kraft mac and cheese last night.

It was farging gross.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Sounds delicious.  Both of those courses come from the class of food that is defined by "the more you fit in your mouth at once, the better it tastes."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on April 10, 2007, 09:18:14 AM
Longhorn is okay, as long as your expectations aren't too high.  They're steaks can be okay, but I've never had one there that was actually great.

It wasn't the best I've had, but I haven't ordered a steak in awhile, which made it better than it probably was. I ordered it medium and it came out more medium well. good none the less
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

I had a delicious steak at Applebee's last weekend.   I know it's sacrilege to talk about places like that but farg it.  It was excellent.

It's a New York Strip smothered in garlic & mushrooms.  I got a double portion of aspargus in lieu of the mashed potato concoction they usually serve.  The asparagus was cooked exactly right.  Not too tender but still crisp enough to have a bit of a snap.

Very tasty and fairly reasonable at $15.99.  Nice drink specials at the place too.

ice grillin you

romey you clearly have no idea what a delicious steak is

and forget the chain restaurant talk applebees is probably the worst restaurant in the country period...it makes fridays and bennigans look like the palm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It wasn't a $250 Kobe Beef steak, IGY, but it was tasty and it was priced right.

And all of those places are the same.  They serve institutional meals for a reason.  People in Idaho going to Applebee's expect the same food as you'd get in Arkansas.  You attempting to distinguish one from the others is amusing, however.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2007, 10:35:54 AM
and forget the chain restaurant talk applebees is probably the worst restaurant in the country period...it makes fridays and bennigans look like the palm

this
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.