Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on November 07, 2018, 06:51:32 AM
DeAndre Carter waived

This was a fargup. Sproles reinjured his hamstring and is out/done.

ice grillin you

im not saying they cant win the division in fact with DC crippled they should win it but can someone point me to what they have done lately that would make them look like defending champions again

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/11/9/18078898/philadelphia-eagles-washington-taterskins-nfc-east
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

They won the Super Bowl; anything they do makes them look like defending champions

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 10, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
They won the Super Bowl; anything they do makes them look like defending champions

Indeed.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

good thing they gave up that 3rd for golden tate...definitely didnt need it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

doug is not losing control....its a combo of a variety of factors but mainly they had injures at places with no depth, underperformance and the general malaise of the post SB year

or think of it like this. last year they started 3-1 before facing mostly bad teams. they did just enough to beat wash, ny and san diego. some luck involved there. but they were 3-1, had confidence, beat some bad teams and wallah theyre 13-3.

this year for whatever reason the 50/50 games mostly havent gone their way. loss at tampa on 2 big plays. horrible loss in tenny. pick 6 home vikings. panthers collapse. dallas. theres sort of a random fluctuation to these types of games in the nfl. maybe next year will be better.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The rest of the league has taken notice of them.  Doesn't help that they lost their entire defensive backfield other than Jenkins not to mention losing Sproles, Ajayi and both OT's for stretches. 

Doug has farged up.  No doubt.  But Schwartz's defense is shtein from a scheme perspective anyway.  Difference this year is the offense isn't coming through to save their asses like they did last year.

It's a fine line to be sure. 

PS:  How would Jason Avant know anything?

MDS

the bigger thing for the defense is the lack of turnovers

the rules prevent dominating defenses from existing. the point total the defense has yielded has more or less been sufficient. the offense should score more. but offenses scoring on consistent long fields is not generally the best way to go about obtaining points.

its cliche but they just dont have any playmakers on defense outside of cox, who is limited in scope as an interior lineman. bradham and hicks are often invisible.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on November 16, 2018, 02:09:24 PM
its cliche but they just dont have any playmakers on defense outside of cox, who is limited in scope as an interior lineman. bradham and hicks are often invisible.

Cox is constantly double teamed and the sun dial paced Long & Graham can't do shtein, Ngata is 97 years old, Bennett has played well.  So true about Bradham and Hicks.  They looked lethargic on Sunday night.  Bradham has looked lost all season.  It's like he's one or two steps behind on every play, almost like "wow, where'd that come from?".  Ugly

Secondary is so beat up, even for how zesty they are they get a pass.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds