The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurking wierdo

On the Prom issue, Rome and Matty are right. Phillygirl is wrong. It seems this gay/straight alliance group is making a political statement.

But this???

http://www.app.com/article/20110602/NJNEWS10/306020006/Court-Brick-man-can-sue-Tiffany-s-Bar-over-serving-him?odyssey=mod|mostview

Whatever happened to personal responsibility.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah - our prom queen was a popularity contest which really meant the hottest chick.

DH

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 01, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
I can tell you exactly when the world will end.  It will be on Super Bowl Sunday, with the Eagles winning and 0:01 left on the clock in the 4th quarter.

ive said this exact same thing verbatim..

oh, and not only was our prom queen hotter than shtein, she was also the school whore. double score.

lurking wierdo

Quote from: DH on June 02, 2011, 12:06:15 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 01, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
I can tell you exactly when the world will end.  It will be on Super Bowl Sunday, with the Eagles winning and 0:01 left on the clock in the 4th quarter.

ive said this exact same thing verbatim..

oh, and not only was our prom queen hotter than shtein, she was also the school whore. double score.
NICE!!

Wow, I just usually get a kick out of the auto-censorship here, but I had to modify my original post because it might not be working.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 02, 2011, 12:04:23 PM
Yeah - our prom queen was a popularity contest which really meant the hottest chick.

this is sort of the correct answer...its a popularity contest but aint no fugly people popular

however its not always the hottest chick in the school it just would never be someone who isnt good looking
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I never really thought about it, but thinking about it now, it seems a bit outdated and  should probably just be done away with.  Farg teenagers and their unquenchable thirst for popularity and social acceptance.  If they want something to feel good about, they should apply themselves to school work, music, dance, charity and/or athletics. 

Having said that, it's most definitely a popularity contest.  Hot sluts win the queen title and semi-smart jockey dudes are the king.  All the more reason to get rid of it imo.  No matter how much a parent preaches to their kids about the value of an education rather than popularity, teenagers simply lack the ability to grasp the message.  They can't picture life outside of high school.  They think that popularity and social acceptance will somehow allow them to coast through life and there's nothing a parent can say or do that will change that perception.  Success to most kids is defined by their place in the social pecking order.  Guys who want it will become jocks and girls who want it will become whores.  Damn, now that I've thrown it out there, I wish I would have had this knowledge in high school.  Could have whored myself out to all the Prom Queen candidates in exchange for my fake vote.   

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteWoman sues Dunkin' Donuts for sugar mistake
Posted: 06/03/2011 12:44 PM
By DANA DiFILIPPO
difilid@phillynews.com 215-854-5934
In a world where people sue McDonald's for serving coffee too hot, a Philadelphia woman has sued a Dunkin' Donuts for serving coffee she says was too sweet - so sweet it sent her into a diabetic coma.

Danielle Jordan, 47, of Oxford Avenue near Langdon Street in Crescentville, filed a personal injury lawsuit against the Dunkin' Donuts on Frankford Avenue near Bridge Street and Northeast Donut Shops Management Corp.

Jordan is seeking unspecified damages after she claims she ordered coffee with artificial sweetener on June 15, 2009, but the server put sugar into the brew, according to the suit, which was first reported this morning by the Courthouse News Service.

After downing the drink, Jordan contends, she suffered light-headedness, dizziness, numbness of the extremities and a diabetic shock that resulted in an emergency trip to the hospital, court papers say. As a result, she had to increase her diabetic medication and "sustained a loss of life's enjoyment" due to Dunkin' Donuts' "defective product." Jordan and her attorney, Kenneth M. Rodgers, couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Leshia Evans, legal liaison who handles lawsuits for 34 Dunkin' Donuts in the Philadelphia region, said today she couldn't comment on the case.

But she noted "we encounter thousands and thousands of customers on a daily basis. We don't provide a customer with anything they don't request. If they request a medium coffee, they will get a medium coffee. If you fail to request a sugar substitute, we can't read your mind. We sell doughnuts, not crystal balls."

In Evans' 14 years in her job, she has seen more than her fair share of unusual lawsuits. She recounted one lawsuit about three years ago, in which a woman claimed she burned her tongue on Dunkin' Donuts coffee so hot it must have been tainted by terrorists. That plaintiff lost her suit.[\quote]

Rome

DH

that second to last line is gold

edit: get out of my head romey

Tomahawk

The second to last paragraph is borderline retarded:

QuoteBut she noted "we encounter thousands and thousands of customers on a daily basis. We don't provide a customer with anything they don't request. If they request a medium coffee, they will get a medium coffee. If you fail to request a sugar substitute, we can't read your mind. We sell doughnuts, not crystal balls."

Though I appreciate the attorney's facetiousness, there's no way they get absolutely every single order, out of the thousands and thousands taken every day, exactly correct

lurking wierdo

Sgt PSN

IF the woman requested a sugar substitute and didn't get it, she has a case.  However, it would probably be in her best interest to specify that she's diabetic when requesting it and get acknowledgment from the person taking the order.