The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 11, 2010, 10:04:33 PM
Munson trying to fake funny, not as cute.

This made me laugh. PG...you're on a sluggish roll. You go girl!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

lol, wow.  it doesn't say if the son knew who she was or just wanted to bang a chick from the interwebz
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on July 13, 2010, 11:21:02 AM
lol, wow.  it doesn't say if the son knew who she was or just wanted to bang a chick from the interwebz

He knew.  Apparently, his adopted parents gave him permission to spend some time getting to know her but had no idea that anything like this was going on.

Also, he's 16 now but was 14 at the time.  Wowzers.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

http://news-herald.com/articles/2010/07/16/news/doc4c4065b4e770b399176165.txt

QuoteThe bases were loaded.

Michael Connick, a 13-year-old player on the Chardon Blizzard traveling team, was given the signal for a suicide squeeze against the North Coast Titans.

When the Munson Township boy got a pitch that was high and inside, he pulled back his attempt at a bunt.

He was again given the signal for a suicide squeeze and squared to bunt.

What happened next at that June 24 game was far from a routine play, according to Tom Connick, the boy's father.

Tom Connick, who also is an attorney, filed a lawsuit this week in Lake County Common Pleas Court claiming Scott Barber, an assistant coach for the Titans, committed assault and battery against his son during the game at Haven's Baseball Complex in Jefferson Township.

According to the suit, Barber ordered his pitcher on the mound to "throw at" Connick's son, which resulted in the boy "severely" breaking his left hand.

"Immediately after (Michael) fell to the ground, and while writhing in pain, defendant Barber again yelled from the dugout, 'Good!,' thus confirming and ratifying his order to 'throw at' and intentionally and recklessly ... hit the plaintiff," Tom Connick stated in the suit.

Connick claims that even after Michael left the field for the hospital, Barber encouraged other reckless and/or negligent physical play, including instructions to run over players on the opposing team.

Connick and his wife, Corrina, are seeking more than $25,000 in damages, lost wages and attorney's fees.

In addition, they want Judge Richard L. Collins Jr. to ban Barber from coaching or participating in any youth sports for at least 15 years.

Michael's father, who said he and his wife did not attend the June 24 game, stressed that his family is not suing for the money.

"Anything he gets will go toward his medical bills, then a college fund through probate court," Connick said. "I'm a lawyer, but I'm also Michael's father. I don't want people thinking I'm some scumbag attorney."

Too late for that, jerkoff.

I hope someone kicks his face in.

SunMo

PhillyPhreak54

How can that be possible?

The kid got hit by a pitch. Did your parents sue when you got hit?

Pussification at its finest.

Munson

if Kevin Kolb threw that pitch it wouldn't have even hurt.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

so wait youre with the grown man that yelled for a 13 year old to get hit and his hand broken?

i don't even care that the kid got hurt,  if youre dumb enough to yell it out loud instead of at least going to the mound and whispering it to him, he deserves to get sued.

PhillyPhreak54

Somehow I don't believe that the coach yelled out "GOOD!" when his pitcher beaned a kid with the bases loaded.\

The shteinbag and his wife weren't there. Whose accounts are they going off of?

What if the coach yelled "God" in exasperation and it sounded like good?

Who verified and can prove he ordered the pitcher to throw at the kid?

Lawyer going for a money grab. Your precious kid broke his hand. Suck it up.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

lol, yeah man!  13 year olds need to play like major leaguers.  run people over, throw at them.  good stuff man.