Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

This is great. Keep yo mouth shut, son.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

i laughed the when the first ball went in the water.  not so much on the second.  then on 18 he absolutely duck-hooked one into that lake and i actually started feeling bad for the little twat.  i hate that.

tiger is a pure cold-blooded killer out there.  that's 52 out of 56 times where he's led going into the final round, he's closed it out. 

best.  ever.

PhillyPhreak54

He's gonna make Vonn dress up like a Perkins waitress and bang her brains out to celebrate.

Rome

"I was the victim there."

- Sergio Garcia

Yeah, not feeling so bad for him anymore.  farging douche.

PhillyPhreak54

Victim of what?

Geowhizzer

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 12, 2013, 07:45:27 PM
Victim of what?

A victim of Tiger's actions when Tiger, who was roughly 50 yards away and blocked by hundreds of people, had the temerity to pull a club out of his bag for his next shot.    This happened after the marshalls had told Tiger that Sergio had already hit his shot.

Basically someone farted and Sergio blamed Tiger for his lousy shot.

VICTIM!

Sgt PSN

Has there been a less likable golfer over the last 10 years than Sergio? 

Rome

This thread is golden.  Especially pages 10-20. 

Good shtein.

ice grillin you

QuoteTiger Woods and Sergio Garcia had a misunderstanding on the par-5 second hole at TPC Sawgrass on Saturday that reignited the two golfers' longtime feud. However, the marshal who was following the group said Woods's explanation for his actions on the hole was not true, according to Sports Illustrated's Michael Bamberger.

In the third round, on the 2nd hole, Woods hit a poor tee shot into the left trees. García hit a better tee shot, on the right side of the fairway. If the players had been communicating properly, García and Woods, or their caddies, would have established an order of play. But there was nothing like that. García, playing out of turn but not able to see Woods, was disrupted as he started his swing by a modest cheer from the woods, where a large group of spectators had surrounded Tiger, forming a human V around his ball. The cheers were a response to Woods's pulling a five-wood out of his bag, meaning that he was going to attempt an absurdly difficult recovery shot. García, after fatting his shot, turned his round chin in Woods's direction and glared.

"It's very simple," García said during an NBC interview. "You have to pay attention to what's going on because the other guy is hitting. You do something when you're in the crowd, and the crowd is going to respond."

Returning serve, Woods said, "The marshals, they told me he already hit, so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot, and then I hear his comments afterward and it's not real surprising that he's complaining about something."

Well, when they heard that remark from Woods, the marshals were surprised. One of them, Gary Anderson, said on Sunday, "He didn't ask us nothing, and we didn't say nothing. We're told not to talk to the players."

Anderson's boss, John North, was the chief marshal for the first three holes. He stood over Woods's ball to protect it from the throng and was five feet away when Woods played his shot. North has worked the tournament as a volunteer marshal for 30 years, he's a graduate of the Naval Academy, he served in Vietnam, he's a FedEx pilot and he donates his round on the Stadium course for being a volunteer to the Wounded Warriors project.

"Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him," North said. "I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We're there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character."

Hours later, his workweek done, North watched the tournament on TV in a military appreciation tent. "I hate to say it, but I was rooting for him," North said of Woods. "It tears me apart. But when he's winning..."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

farg garcia--most overrated golfer in history

just keep getting pusy tiger, or tiger pusy, or whatever....

phattymatty

i like tiger and garcia both but if this had happened to tiger he would have thrown an even bigger hissy fit.

ice grillin you

the difference is it would have pissed tiger off and he would have went out and probably won by 5 shots

where as sergio is a fraud who put 50 balls in the lake and came in 10th
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous