Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 11, 2011, 03:03:26 PM
So how'd the best ball thing go anyway?  I've heard of them, but never played.  Not even sure about the rules, although they seem pretty self explanatory.

Pretty easy and it's great for beginners...

4 players T up and drive.
3 players then go place a ball at the location of the BEST drive...all 4 hit again.

you score based on it being your shot that is the best shot and is hit from. You either score from the number of shots over all 18 holes, or you win a hole...etc...

It's great for beginners as it keeps a game moving.

DH

exactly..its great because 5 out of my 10 drives hooked into the woods, so i was able to benefit off my teammates best drive. aside from losing a bunch of golf balls, i loved it.

reese125

Speaking of woods....tiger is in 114th place right now at the PGA championships. I feel a run.

Rome

I farged up my knee playing basketball last weekend, so to celebrate I decided to play 27 holes of golf today.  Every one of my buddies shot in the 80's through 18 and I think I might have broken 80 by 14.   It's not that I drove the ball badly or hit my irons particularly bad but everything I did around the green ended up in total disaster.  I hit it back and forth over one green three times.  I got so frustrated I actually picked the ball up, walked back to my cart and sat the next hole out (this was like hole 22, I think).

What's funny is we played a skins game through 18 and I ended up winning 4 skins twice on birdie & a par and those two holes were probably the best two I played all day.

I either have to make a decision to start playing more often or quit it altogether.  I never, ever want to play like that again. 

Getting old farging sucks sucks sucks sucks SUCKS!

SunMo

50 yards and in to the green is my worst area, i'm just horrible.  i can chip from like 2-3 feet of the green, but i have no idea how to gauge my pitches and how hard to hit them.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I started playing when I was a kid and I've never had the yips.  I had them around the greens all day.  I couldn't settle myself at all and that's never happened to me before.  I've had stretches where I'd chili dip one here or there but i was a total spazz yesterday. 

If I had a driver or an iron in my hand and could rip it I was fine but whenever a shot required touch I was a total basketcase.

I looked & felt like Michael J. Fox out there.

Munson

My slice just wouldn't get fixed, so I had to drastically slow down my backswing to help keep my wrists straight. I lost about 10 yards on every club but I think I can slowly adjust to make up for that. Plus I need to get my ass back in the gym and build up some strength again.

My pitching wedge is actually my best club by far. I almost never get a bad hit off with it, and usually put it within a decent distance of the cup. My 60 degree wedge is hit or miss...sometimes I get a great hit off, sometimes I skull it, sometimes it goes 1 foot in front of me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Most of my problem concerns a lack of golf conditioning.  If you don't build your swing thru repetition you're going to be a mess out there.

I had enough to hit normal yardages but not enough to use any finesse.

My knee was screaming this morning too.  Thank god for vicodin.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on September 06, 2011, 11:45:08 AM
Most of my problem concerns a lack of golf conditioning.

The word "golf" is semi-optional!

Rome

Yeah, the more I read that the more oxymoronic it sounds. 

paco

In one swift move, Bank of America causes my dad to be out of a job and me to lose my "home" course.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-center-valley-golf-20111005,0,2927317.story
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

tiger winning this tournament before the masters was precious

knob slobbin time for 2 weeks-love it

ice grillin you

i went to the pub today and they actually had almost half the tv's tuned to tiger and not the tournament

it was wonderful...never has a sport been so terrible without a single guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's ranked sixth in the world. People were so used to him absolutely dominating that they barely noticed his game has been coming together really nicely of late. Now hard to ignore with the win. The Masters would be about 100 times more interesting if he's in contention.