Those with Tivo

Started by The BIGSTUD, August 19, 2006, 03:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

My Tivo, and I'm sure all if not most of yours also added a recycle bin feature in an update like 4 months or so ago.

Anyway, my question is, do the deleted recordings in the recycle bin take up space? Because of not you could essentially have unlimited space since you can delete something and renew it.

Because I have tons of hours of deleted stuff in the recycle bin, and my storage limit should be exceeded by now if they take up space, so I'm assuming they don't take up space, although it should...
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nice answer:
Just like the recycle bin on your computer, it will keep the files intact until it runs out of room to keep them.  So, if you try to restore them, some of them are probably only fragments and it will not work.

Mean answer:
Hey, moron... You think a software update is automatically going to leave a "loophole" that gives you UNLIMITED hard drive space on your TiVO?  Next, you'll tell me there's a money tree in my backyard and the Eagles are most certainly going to trade for Javon Walker!  I can't wait for all this to happen!

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 19, 2006, 03:38:49 AM
Nice answer:
Just like the recycle bin on your computer, it will keep the files intact until it runs out of room to keep them.  So, if you try to restore them, some of them are probably only fragments and it will not work.

Mean answer:
Hey, moron... You think a software update is automatically going to leave a "loophole" that gives you UNLIMITED hard drive space on your TiVO?  Next, you'll tell me there's a money tree in my backyard and the Eagles are most certainly going to trade for Javon Walker!  I can't wait for all this to happen!
:-D FF
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

For those w/Dish Network:  Tivo won its court case against Dish and a judge in Texas orderd Dish to stop all DVR's within 30days.  Another Judge in DC later placed an injunction on the order.  From what it sounds like Dish is going to pay out the ass for patent infringment, and may just buy Tivo. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons