2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillycrew

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 05, 2009, 12:07:17 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 05, 2009, 12:03:12 AM
right now colorado is the competition. maybe san fran if they over haul the offense.

i don't think colorado does anything notable next year.  they went on 2 rediculous runs to get into the playoffs but i really haven't seen any sign of consistancy from them. 

sf could be quite good though.  i'd love to swap 3rd basemens with them.  not because i think sandoval is all that great, but feliz is just that bad.  plus, i can't wait to see the phillies fans form the panda express in the outfield seats. 

Feliz really helps with his defense and has some decent at bats.  I would like to see some of the pitching move up from the minors.  I hope Cole turns it around next year and someone teaches the Big Man to lay off left handed sliders.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phillycrew on November 05, 2009, 08:35:08 AM
Feliz really helps with his defense and has some decent at bats. 

no, he doesn't.  he swings at the first pitch more than any player i've ever seen.  he swings 3-0 and 3-1 more than any player i've ever seen.  the only thing he doesn't do is make solid contact on a somewhat consistant basis.  i've gone so far in the past to defend him because he really is an excellent 3bman but he completely lacks any kind of fundamentals or intelligence at the plate.  ryan howard does too but he still has the talent to hit 45 hr a year which often compensates for his overall stupidity.  pedro feliz's only talent at the plate is walking back to the dugout.  he's great at that. 

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 05, 2009, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: phillycrew on November 05, 2009, 08:35:08 AM
Feliz really helps with his defense and has some decent at bats. 

no, he doesn't.  he swings at the first pitch more than any player i've ever seen. 

shtein...I think Rollins might have him beat...swinging for the fence as a leadoff hitter is awesome

Sgt PSN

rollins does it alot but i don't think he's anywhere close to feliz. 

Don Ho

Mayor Bloomberg caught sleeping in the bottom of the ninth?  Well he wasn't alone.  Judging by the crowd noise and "celebration" he wasn't the only one napping at Yankee Stadium.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Yeti

Oh for Christ sake................

QuoteGuiding his team to its 27th World Series championship tells us little about the character of manager Joe Girardi.

Especially when the feat is compared to what Girardi did after the party at Yankee Stadium ended.

Police say Girardi stopped in the wee hours Thursday to help a motorist who crashed a car into the wall after losing control on the Cross Country Parkway in suburban Westchester County.

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic