Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillycrew

Quote from: Munson on August 29, 2014, 04:11:11 PM
I wouldn't. Your WR's are pretty good now, and you need RB help. Ertz should have a good season, and even if he doesn't you can probably find acceptable replacement level TE play on the waiver wire. I think Alshon has a big year.

In a similar question...I'm considering shopping Gore/Roddy White for one of the top 7 WR's. I think I could possibly pry AJ Green or Brandon Marshall away from some of the teams. Possibly even D.Thomas. It's a PPR league, and my other WR's are Brown and Garcon. I think Roddy has a bounce back year, but with my RB depth being what it is (Peterson, Lacy, Morris, Gore, Hyde, Freeman, B. Brown), I feel like I can take a chance on one of those top WR's being a head above Roddy.

I did draft Roddy for $20 this year though, so if he has a big year, it'll only be $22 to keep him next year.

If you can get AJ Green, I would do it.  I also have Gore and I'm worried about the age and Hyde.  I wouldn't do it for Marshall or Alshon Jeffrey.

phillycrew

Quote from: Munson on September 01, 2014, 07:06:17 PM
It's week 1, time for the start/sit advice...

Pick 2, PPR:
Alfred Morris @HOU
Frank Gore @DAL
Percy Harvin vs. GB
Pierre Garcon @HOU

Pick 1, .5 PPR:
Marques Colston @ATL
T.Y Hilton @DEN

Pick the QB between the two pairs:
Matt Ryan vs NO
Jay Cutler @BUF

Russell Wilson vs. GB
Colin Kaepernick @DAL
Morris and Gore.  Colston since I think NO/ATL is usually high scoring.  Matt Ryan.  Kaepernick since Dallas defense is awful.

PhillyPhreak54

Sunny - you and Havas should have a Gerhart bet

if he sucks then you have to buy and wear a jersey of his for one night when you guys go out and chill....if he balls out then Havas gets to wear one of those atrocious monstrosities

SunMo

i can't think of something that he would hate more than a jersey bet lol

and i'm alone on the gerhart island.  i was roundly mocked for drafting him at his draft and rjs killed me for taking him in the keeper draft.  i will prevail though.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Not everyone mocked you.  I liked the pick but that's probably faint praise, so...

SunMo

thanks sweetie pie.

i have another draft tonight in a keeper league and i just know he's going to be there at my first round pick.  might as well go ALL IN

rjs246

SunMo thinks he's found the new Michael Turner, as the backup to a Hall of Famer who gets a fresh start with a new team. But instead what he's found is Toby farging Gerhart. Michael Turner was fast. Toby Gerhart is white. These are facts. No amount of copying and pasting fantasy football word salad will change these facts.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

no, i think i found an somewhat productive RB2 to go with my team of nick foles, julio jones, demaryious thomas, and demarco murray. 

Sgt PSN

I picked up Gerhart a few years back when AP tore his ACL. He performed pretty well for me over the last few weeks of the season if I recall. Not a fantasy stud, but should be a decent bye week filler or injury replacement.

SD

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2185440-how-the-eagles-can-shut-down-toby-gerhart-jaguars-offense#articles/2185440-how-the-eagles-can-shut-down-toby-gerhart-jaguars-offense

QuoteMeanwhile, Gerhart is likely to find tough sledding behind Jacksonville's offensive line. The club was 31st in yards and yards per attempt in '13, and that was with three-time Pro Bowler Maurice Jones-Drew shouldering the load. Even with the previous year's second overall pick, Matt Joeckel, returning from a season-ending injury, the line doesn't project to be worlds better.

Munson

I'm rolling with the Eagles D in a few of my fanduels this week. They're cheap
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Munson

Quote from: SD on September 03, 2014, 03:03:29 PM
So is Houston and they're playing the Skins.

I'm not completely sold on RGIII being totally suck just yet. Garcon had a pretty good year last year, Reed is healthy, and DeSean is there to blow the lid off the top of the D. I considered HOU for a minute but the talent on that offense is pretty good, even with zesty RGIII
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on September 03, 2014, 01:26:38 PM
no, i think i found an somewhat productive RB2 to go with my team of nick foles, julio jones, demaryious thomas, and demarco murray.

Hahahahahahaha. Nice roster.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo