Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

well it was fun for like 2 games but now its over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Great series.

Hoskins is still stinking up the joint and Harper had to leave with dehyfargingdration.

Rome

I played golf today and had two(!) Gatorades. 

Never peed either. 

It was hot.

PS: The Phillies are exactly who they've been all along.  Losing two to the goddamn Padres was almost a lock to happen.  I'm actually surprised they didn't get swept.  It's what they do. 

Don Ho

QuoteIf the Phillies fail to make the postseason, there will be plenty of people to blame. The inconsistent offense, injuries to the bullpen, Andrew McCutchen's torn ACL, mistakes by Gabe Kapler and a failure by Matt Klentak to do more at the trade deadline will all get their day in the sun.

But the struggles of Eflin and Pivetta in 2019 (and the starting rotation in general) are perhaps the biggest reason why the Phillies are where they are — 68-64, two games back of the wild card, tied with the Brewers and Mets.

Since June 24, Eflin's ERA is 8.75 over 36 innings.

Eflin has been told by the team to work on elevating his fastball, which had tried to do early in the season, with some positive results. But as fatigue appeared to set in in June, Eflin's fastball was getting pounded, and he's now back to featuring his sinker, a pitch that does not generate swing-and-miss when ahead in the count.

Pivetta has been awful in whatever role the Phillies have placed him in this season, with a 5.42 ERA and a 5.50 FIP in 23 appearances, 13 of them starts. He has looked like a competent relief pitcher at times, but far too inconsistently to be considered reliable. His swinging strike rate is down from 12.0% last year to 9.9% this year, his strikeout rate is down from 27.1% to 20.5% and his walk rate is up from 7.4% to 8.6%.

This is two-fifths of the starting rotation that the Phillies have essentially gotten nothing out of over the last two months, and when you combine that with the inconsistency of Vince Velasquez (although he's stepped up a bit in the last month) and the injury to Arrieta, it's clear the starting rotation is the main reason the Phils cannot sustain success or establish a long winning streak

Oh, there's plenty of blame. We can spend hours on the hitting woes.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

the difference is they addressed the lineup properly....the players are just under performing

they chose to go into the season with a pathetic pitching staff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Nerdball analytics said the staff would be ok

MDS

i know those nerdball analytics...what a crock. hey how are the astros and dodgers and rays and yankees doing this year?

Geowhizzer

They got three in the first, so they're probably done for the night.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 20, 2019, 07:58:25 PM

correct

PhillyPhreak54

Indeed.

Who takes Neris deep in the 9th?

MDS

that assuming they make it to the 9th

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 20, 2019, 07:58:25 PM

You were saying.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

BoSox fans must have no faith and given up on the post-season or they're championshiped out.  Damn place is quiet as hell

SD

That was an interesting bottom of the 9th