Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i dont think it used to be, but it still is in some leagues/tournaments (called a golden goal). its fifa's rule, and i honestly dont know why. most of the rules are made by europeans so theyre not going to make sense. i agree its very very stupid.

probably the sensible ot is 2 periods of 22:30 sudden death style. if no goals, then a shootout.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I will still watch the games...I am pretty interested in the Brazil/Colombia game coming up and want to see if Costa Rica can keep their run going

Diomedes

I love Messi, but not Argentina. 

I am rooting for the New World teams first and foremost, after that, the underdog, so Costa Rica and Colombia.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

farg Costa Rica.  Their whining after the snow game in Denver was ridiculous.

Colombia, on the other hand... yeah, I'll cheer hard for them.   Same goes for the Dutch.

ice grillin you

i love the first douchbags comments about the nba....DIE SOCCER FANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9xc4jOHca0#t=80
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Good god stop.

MDS

ann coulter is back everyone
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

also they film approximately 738 people and then air the dumbest 3 or 4.

friday is actually the best 2 games of the tournament back to back.

SunMo

thin skinned soccer "fans" who can't take criticism of their precious game are just as bad as the people who troll them
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

i don't pretend to love soccer but i love the world cup as an event.

same reason i love watching curling every four years at the bar.

hbionic

Quote from: SunMo on July 02, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
thin skinned soccer "fans" who can't take criticism of their precious game are just as bad as the people who troll them

Criticism of the game is one thing. But posting about your loathing toward people that aren't on this board, is another.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on July 02, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

You're right... it's much better to post the same thing 50 times just in case someone who hasn't been here for a month or more missed the first 49.

MDS

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it