Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

SD,

Sunday, Portugal v. U.S., 3pm eastern.

Next up, MEX v. BRA.  Mexico has a chance to squeak by.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: hbionic on June 16, 2014, 07:59:47 PM
Yuck. Played about three levels less than they are capable of. Either that, or they're not as good.

farg. Unless the game plan was score first then sit, I don't get what happened minute 1-86.

Looked like they were playing prevent defense the whole way.

MDS

each game is of its own. enjoy this! ghana is a strong side, they werent going to go down easy. of course could have played better but many of the wounds were self-inflicted. and the ghana goal was a beauty, not a result of poor defense.

now a pissy eurotrash-laden portugal side, with a gimpy ronaldo and no pepe, must gets 3 pts against MERCA in the grotesque rain forest humid heat of manaus. all WE need to do is grind out a 0-0 draw, and so long as germany disposes of ghana, WE will be through

altidore or no altidore, the path is there folks. lets do this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

That Brooks goal was beautiful.

I believe...

hbionic

Hopefully the USMNT plays with a little more urgency.

They gotta work on their passing. That shtein was sloppy. Also, a little upfield vision would help.

hbionic

By the way, what exactly was the injury sustained by Altidore? Is he out for the next match?

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on June 16, 2014, 09:15:54 PM
By the way, what exactly was the injury sustained by Altidore? Is he out for the next match?

Strained his hamstring, they won't know more until he's back in Sao Paulo.

Diomedes

awaiting tests i think
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Typical injury for Jozy.  I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier in the build up to the tournament.

He's as injury prone as a bitchmade dude can get. 

MDS

yup, what a Hoyda for pulling a hamstring in a non contact situation

coward
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on June 16, 2014, 08:57:21 PM
each game is of its own. enjoy this! ghana is a strong side, they werent going to go down easy. of course could have played better but many of the wounds were self-inflicted. and the ghana goal was a beauty, not a result of poor defense.

now a pissy eurotrash-laden portugal side, with a gimpy ronaldo and no pepe, must gets 3 pts against MERCA in the grotesque rain forest humid heat of manaus. all WE need to do is grind out a 0-0 draw, and so long as germany disposes of ghana, WE will be through

altidore or no altidore, the path is there folks. lets do this.

Somebody's trolling the troll. So meta.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on June 16, 2014, 09:53:25 PM
yup, what a Hoyda for pulling a hamstring in a non contact situation

coward

I wasn't criticizing Jozy.  I was just making a statement about his tendency to have issues with his hamstrings.  The same thing happened in the 2011 Gold Cup.  I love the guy, personally.

MDS

well that invisible icelandic weirdo aaron jo-han-son needs to play more like jozy next game. or old ass wondo.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54