Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 06, 2013, 05:13:12 PM
Also if you look at the venues and travel times that the US drew, they are also among the worst in the tournament. None of their games are within like 1000 miles of their Sao Paulo base, all are in the tropical equatorial zone, and their middle game is out deep in the farging Amazon.

isnt all this advantage united states?.....who is more used to hot weather....USA....germany....portugal?....also isnt a simple NY to LA flight longer than any euro flight....plus doesn't soccer have like a million days off btwn games?

also I never knew that two teams make it out of a group....lol at bitching how hard it is...50% of the teams make it....if you are a world superpower and cant make it out of your group with a 50/50 chance then just disband the program

lol @ hb's "everyone is underwhelming but the USA" talk.....shtein is hilarious

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 06, 2013, 07:38:37 PMisnt all this advantage united states?.....who is more used to hot weather....USA....germany....portugal?....also isnt a simple NY to LA flight longer than any euro flight....plus doesn't soccer have like a million days off btwn games?

Portugal and Ghana are rather hot. Don't sleep on Ghana, they knocked the US out last time. And the point is that the US gets no respite, no games in Salvador or Brasilia like the other teams do, where it's not likely to be quite as hot and humid as the three cities the US plays in.

In the space of like ten days they have to travel Sao Paulo to Natal, Natal to Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo to Manaus, Manaus to Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo to Recife, which sums up to like 9000 miles. So basically they'll be traveling huge distances between brutal hellholes to play against one of the toughest draws of teams. They have no easy opponents.

Not bitching, it's just crap luck. The odds of the US progressing went down hugely today.

hbionic

The U.S. doesn't have the same toilet seat of a team that everyone is used to shteinting on. Yes, their travel sucks ass. But, its the world cup...if you can't get up for the games...three huge games in themselves, then get out the tourney.

Ghana isn't the same Ghana that played 4 years ago. Giyan, if he's even on the team is a former shell of himself.

IGY, I'm almost willing to put down some scratch on the U.S against you. I'm not as rich as you are...so...what seems cool?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

lol i know less than nothing about soccer....so im not going to bet (plus if i did bet id bet on the US hoping to god i lost money)...but that doesnt mean that you arent an insane homer when it coms to us soccer....i know that much

Quote from: hbionic on December 06, 2013, 01:47:43 PM
Agreed historically Germany is up there...but they seem to shoot themselves in the foot lately
Portugal tends to disappear
the U.S. has just as good a chance as Germany, Portugal to advance
Portugal can easily lose all three matches.
Quote from: hbionic on December 06, 2013, 02:29:25 PM
Look for an interesting game against ze germans

I think the U.S. will surprise many. 
Quote from: hbionic on December 06, 2013, 04:40:02 PM
Portugal and Germany have been sucking lately in World Competitions. They didn't impress in the Euro Cup

the U.S. isn't exactly the same pushover it is used to being.

hbionic

I want you to quote me when their advancing in June.  :evil

MDS

how about if the us gets through

1. havas gets deported
2. rome cant watch the rest of the tourney
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 07, 2013, 01:27:48 AM
how about if the us gets through

1. havas gets deported
2. rome cant watch the rest of the tourney

happily....i dont think you realize how much i hate this country....i happen to live in a the most liberal state in the country....but other than that id probably already be jetty

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ive thought about where i might retire....at least half the year anyway....spain or aruba lead the pack....aruba especially is incredibly liberal

MDS

thats a long boat ride brotha

ice grillin you

been flying for year

hbionic

Romey, not picking on the team, but MU looked like crap today against Newcastle. They couldn't get shtein going. Do they miss Rooney that bad?

hbionic

Red Devils vs. The Blues next week.

Paging Romey.

Top flight has been pretty tough this season so far...no clear cut winners. Top 6 still within reach...that's pretty good for the league in my opinion. Liverpool with a strong start has fallen off the map.

PhillyPhreak54

Give me three picks as to who will win the World Cup.

I wanna bet the futures in Vegas.

Last time my girl picked Spain and we won.