Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

sure, you can be stupid and bigoted if you want

that's America
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i dont know whats more strange....watching womens soccer or admitting you watch womens soccer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

With no due respect to soccer haters...farg off, today was a great soccer day.

1. Women's incredible win over Brazil...the way it happened, that tying goal in the final minutes of extra time...and then to beat Brazil in PK's...the ref did make up for her farg-up by having the U.S. re-taking the first pk after it had been blocked.

Go U.S. bitches! Crazy stat: The U.S. has been to the semi-finals in the last 5 world cup appearances.

2. Mexican Sub-17 team wins the World Cup over Uruguay.  That team is tits. Great ball control, speed up the ass, attacking strikers, playmakers...although some farg ups on D...but they beat great teams along the way to stay undeafeated throughout the tournament.

*L.A. Galaxy face Manchester City and Real Madrid in L.A. this month.

*U.S. to face Mexico in 'friendly' (which will be anything but)...in Philadelphia in August.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on July 10, 2011, 10:48:07 PMGo U.S. bitches! Crazy stat: The U.S. has been to the semi-finals in the last 5 world cup appearances.

The US has finished no lower than third place in the Women's World Cup (which has only been around since 1991).

It's not that surprising, considering that in most big soccer countries, it's seen as a men's sport, whereas America views soccer primarily as a youth sport for both sexes.

hbionic

It seems like the lesbian horses they are up against around the world have better talent...but this team plays tough.

Our dykes are better than theirs.

MDS

enough about womens soccer

i got into the game a little bit this is like creaming your pants over diana turasi hitting a full court buzzer beater to win an olympics game. simmer it down.

also bionic casually forget to mention that mexico hosted the tournament. yea, nothing like 105,000 drunken lunatics helping you out and intimidating the farg out of south american teenagers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Mexico also won it in '05 in Peru.

Also...the World Cup sub-20 is starting up at the end of July in Columbia.

Buena suerte amigos.

MDS

i have no ill will towards mexico unless they are playing the us

but lets be real...you cant take the u-17 win that seriously considering the advantage. put the tournament somewhere random like australia and it might be a different result.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Agreed.

You also have to acknowledge that regardless of venue, there is another factor that has to be overcome and that is you still have to play the games and these games are usually played against the elite players of the stories teams from around the world that tend to have consistent elite talent year after year such as Germany, Brazil, England, Argentina, etc.

I believe it was Nigeria that won it a couple tournaments back.

If you get a chance to watch the matches...these kids flat out play and make the  older national teams look like slow, sloppy fargs.

I'm hoping for the U.S. to field a more competitive team and ride some of their recent success.

DH

i hate soccer more than anything sports-related, but watching the overtime period + shootout was one of the cooler things ive seen in a while. and im totally in love with hope.

Rome

Hands off motherfarger.  I saw her first.

BigEd76

Someone took an audio clip of Gus Johnson calling an Adam Morrison last-second shot and put it over the tying goal.  It makes no sense except for Gus screaming, which is the only reason to watch...

last goal called by Gus Johnson

DH

apparantly theres a pic of solo with her arm around a teammate after the shootout, and her nipple is popping through her jersey...free beer to the first that finds it

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: DH on July 12, 2011, 09:01:14 AM
apparantly theres a pic of solo with her arm around a teammate after the shootout, and her nipple is popping through her jersey...free beer to the first that finds it

It was on Deadspin yesterday.

They were talking about it because ESPN.com airbrushed the nipple out.

http://deadspin.com/5820010/whos-afraid-of-hope-solos-nipple?tag=soccer

ice grillin you

whats the big deal....the nipple is behind her jersey and a jacket...i thought this was some janet jackson shtein....also shes not hott
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous