Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

It's like the afterlife, we do not have the capacity to comprehend. Only to know.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2011, 09:19:23 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2011, 04:46:03 PM
It's good for us though.

wow...this is the guy calling me out for being MA?

live in florida - check
gun zealot - check
worships european soccer club - check
never heard of newspapers - check
elder - check

clown

Rome

The U.S. is getting thoroughly humiliated by Spain at the moment.

Down 3-0 at halftime and it could easily be 5-0.

rjs246

Can't read too much into it when they don't play their A team but yeah Spain is just a tad better than the US.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Mexico whips an anemic El Salvador 5-0.

Chicharito gets the hat trick...but is on the receiving end of a bullshtein yellow card.

Costa Rica...a dangerous team who has been playing together a while now...whooped a putrid Cuba 5-0.

U.S. is up vs. Canada on Tuesday (8pm eastern).

Should be another Mexico v. U.S. Gold cup final but Honduras and Costa Rica always pose a threat. Be interesting to see how the U.S. bounces back from the anal probing Spain did to them even though it was their B team.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I cannot see the match, so I've just checked online.  U.S. up 1 nil at halftime on an early Altidore goal with Donovan getting the assist.  Anyone watching?  How's it going?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The U.S. totally dominated the first half. 

Canada has played much better in the first 13 minutes of the second.  Typical U.S. meltdowns on defense, not pressuring the ball, awful passing, the usual.

Rome

Just as I say that Clint Dempsey scores an absolutely beautiful goal.

Diomedes

Keep up the complaining in that case.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

He made a play a few minutes before the goal that would have been a top five spectacular goal ever. 

Diomedes

Freddie Adu with a great pass forward to Donovan, who threaded the ball into Dempsey for the sole goal in the Gold Cup Semis vs. Panama.  Nice play.

Only place I could find it so far was this awful video (difficulty:Lenny Kravitz soundtrack).  The play begins at around the 2:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEAhhOMAqc

MDS

Legit upset I aint gonna be able to rub it in when usa skeets all over el tri sat night

Chichifago goin down
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Yeah, the only thing worse than your complaining about soccer is your attempts to discuss it legitimately.

Please stop it.

Sgt PSN

Eventhough I'm no fan of the sport, I'll admit that when a goal is actually scored, it's almost always a pretty amazing play.  Maybe I'm wrong since I don't watch, but I can't think of a single goal that I've ever seen where I didn't say "DAMN!"  Too bad they usually only happen once or twice a game. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 23, 2011, 01:17:52 PM
Yeah, the only thing worse than your complaining about soccer is your attempts to discuss it legitimately.

Please stop it.

i dont know shtein about it so youd know how much he knows about it but the lil guy loves soccer and would never complain about it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous